Idaho Unit 30

Scored a mule deer tag in Idaho's unit 30. I am a midwest whitetail hunter so this is pretty new to me. Our plan is to park the truck and backpack a few miles in and then set up a base camp. Was wondering if anyone had general knowledge about the unit? Trail heads to park at? Being almost clueless on the area, any information is appreciated.

Spoonbill

WKR
Scored a mule deer tag in Idaho's unit 30. I am a midwest whitetail hunter so this is pretty new to me. Our plan is to park the truck and backpack a few miles in and then set up a base camp. Was wondering if anyone had general knowledge about the unit? Trail heads to park at? Being almost clueless on the area, any information is appreciated.
Pretty sure that the script to Deliverence was based on unit 30.
But in all seriousness, go out there this summer and do a scouting trip. Also spring is a good time to squeeze in a bear hunt, just don’t shoot a grizzly thinking its a black bear.

jdmaxwell

WKR
Look at maps. You will find trail heads to use you are asking about.

Never hunted in Idaho, but there are several good sources out there to do some e scouting. Gohunt is helpful and google earth is what i have used on my western hunts. I wouldnt think there would be too many folks willing to divulge the trail heads they use. Do your research and you’ll be fine!

Scooter37

FNG
I have never hunted in 30 but if it’s like the rest of Idaho take a picture of flat country, rotate phone about 60 degrees, now you have a picture of Idaho mountains. I recommend getting your legs in good shape. every year I tell myself I’m going to get in better shape but every year I’m wishing I spent more time doing it.

to sum up my experience pretty much what I have found is that anywhere somewhat flat in Idaho is private, steep with no trees is BLM, steep with trees is National Forest. I believe 30 has all of the above and anything over and the backside of the mountains is Montana