Idaho Unit 31 Mule Deer Oct 10 - Nov 24

Matt5266

WKR
I've never been that big into rifle hunting, mostly archery for my entire life although I do enjoy it. My dad is a older veteran who is running out of years he can hike hills anymore. I put us in together as a chance to go get him a decent buck.

I have archery elk hunting this unit several years in the past so I have put many miles on the ground. I have seen a few good bucks while archery hunting but I know next to nothing about where the deer would hang out this time of year.

I'm not after anyone's spots or anyone to draw me a map but hoping someone could point me into a area that I should focus on. My expectations for him are not super high and would just be pleased if he got a basket 4 point buck. I'm thinking hunting the rut during November would be probably our best bet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We can communicate however you feel comfortable and after talking you will realize I'm not full if it and have actually spent some time in this unit.

Thanks in advance!

Matt D

jedi

FNG
I've never been that big into rifle hunting, mostly archery for my entire life although I do enjoy it. My dad is a older veteran who is running out of years he can hike hills anymore. I put us in together as a chance to go get him a decent buck.

I have archery elk hunting this unit several years in the past so I have put many miles on the ground. I have seen a few good bucks while archery hunting but I know next to nothing about where the deer would hang out this time of year.

I'm not after anyone's spots or anyone to draw me a map but hoping someone could point me into a area that I should focus on. My expectations for him are not super high and would just be pleased if he got a basket 4 point buck. I'm thinking hunting the rut during November would be probably our best bet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We can communicate however you feel comfortable and after talking you will realize I'm not full if it and have actually spent some time in this unit.

Thanks in advance!

Matt D
ive never hunted that specific unit, but id hunt as close to the rut/in the rut as i could. amazing what can show up in that timeframe. good luck to your group

OP
Matt5266

Matt5266

WKR
ive never hunted that specific unit, but id hunt as close to the rut/in the rut as i could. amazing what can show up in that timeframe. good luck to your group
Agreed. thanks for the advice!

WRO

WKR
There's some giant bucks in that unit, hunt November. 200" isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk