Idaho unit 36A Archery

Bubba

FNG
What kind of bulls does this unit have? What should I expect? Weather, terrain, elevation. This will be my first elk trip ever. Getting excited can't wait.

Thanks
Bubba

T43

Lil-Rokslider
I've seen some decent bulls in there but you will need patients time and luck to get one. I did a 5 day bivy in there last year. I had the first 2 but the luck part didn't turn out. Weather is anyones guess. I was in there the middle of September and it was 60+ most days but there were a few afternoon storms that cooled thing off. Check the thread on here about lightening. I spent my hunt at about 9000 feet with hikes from 7000 to 10000 ish. There is some steep country in there but its all relative to the angle you use to get up it. Take good boots and be ready for plenty of bug killed dead fall. Don't forget your camera. I didn't fill my tag last year but I put a dent in a 16 gig sd card. If you want you can shoot me a pm with your email and I'll send some pics to give you an idea. You should get out of the hunt what you put in to it. If your looking for a P&Y bull you may be disappointed but if you plan on hunting hard and having fun you should accomplish your goal and you never know a monster from the dark timber may just give you a chance.

OP
Bubba

Bubba

FNG
T43, Thanks for the info. I can't wait to get up there.I'll send you a PM... Thanks