Idaho Unit 48 Archery Elk Help

T43

Lil-Rokslider
If you want the same animal back that you dropped off I would avoid Scarrows. The ethics that led to a Nevada hunting licence suspension seem to have carried into his business.

I grew up south of there and used to camp off Deer Creek road. It goes all the way to the back of the unit and there are canyons off each side of the main road that have plenty of camping/trailhead opportunities. Never hunted that unit but I imagine you will have plenty of competition.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just came across this post. For sure avoid scarrows. Expensive and as someone else said, you most likely will not get the animal you took in.
I would also recommend Pipers in Richfield if they are still around. The owner, Mike has done a good job for my brothers and is usually fairly fast in processing.

Randy

Good to know. If I get an elk down and want to continue hunting I'm not sure yet if I'll have it butchered in Idaho or try to just store it in a cooler for a fee. Guess it depends how long I have left.

Just came across this post. For sure avoid scarrows. Expensive and as someone else said, you most likely will not get the animal you took in.
I would also recommend Pipers in Richfield if they are still around. The owner, Mike has done a good job for my brothers and is usually fairly fast in processing.

Randy

Yankee

FNG
Hi all,

For those of you headed to 48, I'll be there myself in a couple of days. If you see a beige Tundra with WA plates, say hello. Good luck!

David

id450

WKR
Good luck, you'll have a great fime and learn a ton. we glassed up 10 nice bulls last year in unit 50. The problem was the wolves. Elk were out about 20min before end of light And pretty much in heavy timber at sunrise. To much country to cover in the timeframes they were out. Never heard a peep out of the elk. They were going crazy in the private ranches down below though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idahohillboy

Lil-Rokslider
There is a butcher in Bellevue with a meat locker locals use him he used to be the butcher at Glenns grocery when I was a kid. I used to do my own until I moved out of state. He does a great job nothing fancy. He turns scraps to burger and also makes sausage. It's 125 a deer and 225 an elk. PM I will shoot you his info. Leave sex organs and tag attached to the meat.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk