Idaho Snow/Migration

ffcpfef

FNG
Early next week we are leaving to mule deer hunt the Northern portion of 49. Our original plan was to camp at 8,400 ft and hunt 8,000-9,000 ft. Does anyone have a higher elevation snow report for the area (I’m told 6-8” at the trailhead at 6,800 ft) and has this weather pushed some of these deer down lower? We have two alternative lower elevation camps in mind around 7,000 ft if the deer have started to leave the higher country. Any information on the weather or impact on deer elevation would be greatly appreciated.

IdahoElk

WKR
Early next week we are leaving to mule deer hunt the Northern portion of 49. Our original plan was to camp at 8,400 ft and hunt 8,000-9,000 ft. Does anyone have a higher elevation snow report for the area (I’m told 6-8” at the trailhead at 6,800 ft) and has this weather pushed some of these deer down lower? We have two alternative lower elevation camps in mind around 7,000 ft if the deer have started to leave the higher country. Any information on the weather or impact on deer elevation would be greatly appreciated.
I was at 9k north of Ketchum yesterday, 8-10" of snow, just a trace of snow where I parked at about 7k. You can pm me for details.
Deer were out having fun, found two bucks at over 9k