Idaho unit 67

Has anyone ever hunting this unit for elk? I scouted last weekend and saw some good bucks but no elk. I wanted to do a combo hunt in September and was wondering if there were many elk in the unit. Not looking for spots just peoples experiences in the unit.

There are elk in 67. Densities are probably not as high as some other zones in Idaho, but neither is the density of the hunters. There are wolves and bears, but that's pretty common through most of Idaho as well.

OP
T
Thanks NJDiverDan, I am planning on backpacking in about 10 miles. I came in on the wrong trail head for elk I believe. Most of it was sub alpine areas with little timber didn`t figure much elk would be hanging there in the middle of summer.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Thanks NJDiverDan, I am planning on backpacking in about 10 miles. I came in on the wrong trail head for elk I believe. Most of it was sub alpine areas with little timber didn`t figure much elk would be hanging there in the middle of summer.

10 miles? You planning on going into Wyoming? lol

Curious about how your unit 67 hunt went?
PM me please. Have a group going for the short rifle in October. Myself and one other will be packing in on foot. 2 others have horses. And the other 2 are out of a trailer.(more beer drinkers than hunters haha)