Idaho unit 75 help

Hello all,

I am planning on making a trip up to Idaho for unit 75 B tag. This is my first time elk hunting and got the go ahead from the wife since Idaho offers NR disabled vet tags for a hell of a deal. Any elk info on the unit would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple things:
-The DAV tag you have this year won't be as easy to come by in future years, as there is now a quota, so enjoy it!
-Overall, bull quality is not stellar. If you're looking to get into 360 bulls on the regular, this ain't the unit. A solid 5x5 is generally a mature bull here- not to say you won't find bigger, but I wouldn't pass up an opportunity at a good 5.
-Terrain is difficult at best. An early snow storm could limit your ability to cover ground, but usually the most used roads are still accessible- speaking of roads, most folks tend to hang out on the main arteries going from ant basin to sherman peak and over into eight mile.. Most elk tend to hang in the dense cover of the unit. If I was going to hunt it I would focus on the transition areas between dense cover and open feeding areas, but the bulls tend to be in the dense shit. Don't be afraid to move around.
-If you have an ATV/moto etc. don't forget that the unit is a motorized hunting rule unit, so you can't buzz up any old trail and hunt off your wheeler- you're confined to using motorized vehicles of all types on roads restricted to full size vehicle traffic only (unless you have a handicap/disabled vehicle use permit which is separate and different from your license/tag)
-Theyre in there, don't believe the locals

Good luck