Idaho vs Beartooth

GClyde28

FNG
Possibly interested in some Schnee's boots. Have read some reviews by others on here that sound like they have a similar foot shape as I do and have been pleased with their Schnee's. Does anyone have any hands on experience with both the Crispi Idaho and the Schnee's Beartooth? Specfically curious if the Beartooth is more/less/same stiffness as the Idaho's?

As a side question also regarding stiffness, are the Timberlines as flexible as something like a Salomon X Ultra GTX or do they have a little more support than that?

OP
G

GClyde28

FNG
Edit: Just found a review on here comparing the Timberline stiffness to the Salomon stiffness. Still curious on the Beartooth vs Idaho.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Many don't realize this, but we actually carry Crispi, Scarpa, Lowa, Salomon, Salewa and so on...

I find the Beartooths to be a hair stiffer than the Nevadas and the Timberlines are way stiffer to me than the Salomon's. I actually wear the The X-Mid Pro's almost every day. - matt

OP
G

GClyde28

FNG
I find the Beartooths to be a hair stiffer than the Nevadas and the Timberlines are way stiffer to me than the Salomon's. I actually wear the The X-Mid Pro's almost every day. - matt
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking the Timberlines might be what I'm looking for in a boot.

Shadow14

WKR
I tried both and ended up with the beartooths. Could not get the crispi to fit right. THe idahos and nevadas were too narrow. I had to end up going to a 14w in the beartooths and they fit fine. I dont wear a wide in any other boot or shoe but none of the other high end mountain boots fit me. I find the beartooths to be a bit more stiff but I am happy with them. I wish more companies would make boots for us sasquatches lol

I’ve only had the Nevada’s , I run schnees beartooth and timberlines. Schnees is just hands down a way better boot. Will last longer and take serious abuse. The crispi Nevada’s are definitely a good boot but nothing like the beartooth in my opinion. If you go with the beartooth I think you’ll be very happy

BHAIDAHO

FNG
I have been using IDAHO for the past 4 years. They are not a stiff boot. I hunt the high country for deer and elk. A lot of elevation gain and loss and side hill. The Idaho has good ankle support but when carrying a heavy pack it would help to have a stiffer boot. I am going to try the Beartooth next

xturns06x

FNG
Good info here between crispi and schnees as I was wondering about the stiffness comparison myself. Seems like the build quality (rolling laces etc) is a step up from Crispi with a similar price point.

BHAIDAHO

FNG
I had the Idaho and now use the Granite. The Granite is hands down the better boot by far. I called Schnee's and told them my foot measurements and they told me to go the 14 W and I ordered the 13 instead, my mistake, to small. returned and ordered the 14 W, perfect fit. The Idaho's did not stay water proof very long and the Granite is made of all leather. Follow there directions on how to take of the boots and you can not go wrong. The granite is a much stiffer boot. But for back country hunting and carrying heavy loads they out shine most boots. I will order Granites again.

jmike

FNG
My Idaho's are three years old and still working great for me, I do have narrow feet and one bad ankle. These are by far the best boots I have ever owned. This is coming from an Oregon guy who was a Danner guy.....for what it's worth.

Mike