Idaho Weiser River Zone Road/Trails

Hoping to get some insight into how the Weiser River Zone road/trail system looks in season. Is there a lot of ATV traffic on the trail system? According to the forest guidelines, you're not allowed to hunt off the trail while on an ATV, but curious how much that is followed? Thanks.

87TT

WKR
68000 acres of it is on fire right now and growing fast. And there is a large part of the forest closed to entry.

There's a ton of ATV trails everywhere and tons of ATVs on and off of them. A substantial portion of the zone is burning and closed to public access, all the hunters will be forced into the other areas and crowding will be worse than usual.

I hunted it last year and saw 1 spike in 7 days. I hiked over 40 miles too. We got a pic of a wolf on a game cam, maybe didn't help. I found one spot that had a ton of sign. If you get to go, Id look at finding some dark, steep areas off the ridge. Or go check 22. Oh, the south end was void of elk sign and completely full of wolf tracks

brn2hnt

WKR
Trail designations are seen as guidelines more than rules.

Seems like most of 22 is on fire right now.

But from the scouting I’ve done, there’s not a huge difference between any of the units, some roads are just in worse condition than others.

Several full size auto roads should have warning signs suggesting atv only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk