Idaho Winter Archery

Iimaight

FNG
I did a bunch of scouting this summer for a whitetail archery hunt in unit 29... Then I got cancer and started Chemo. I still have Chemo treatments but they have become more normal and I can shoot a bow again. The only area I know though is now inhabited by mule deer and doesnt seem to have anymore whitetail. I was going to just call the year a wrap but I'm tired of letting cancer win. I dont know if I'll be able to get enough scouting in between treatments to even find a deer but i'm going to at least try. If anyone has any tips for a late season whitetail hunt I'd be willing to take it.

280Ackley

WKR
I’ve hunted the late season a couple years ago in the Panhandle. Where are you thinking of hunting?

OP
I

Iimaight

FNG
I’m in the south east but the panhandle has a hunt starting December 10th so I might see if I can get someone to go up that way with me and see what I can do.

seww

WKR
Where in the SE Idaho are you?
I live outside of Idaho Falls and is interested in the white-tail archery season too. The units around town opens on 11/20 with the regular deer tag.