Idaho Wolf Season Proposals

I flipped through. Isn't it basically extend the seasons most everywhere to make them almost year round? And allowing for more trapping methods in certain places? That's what's needed for proper harvest level of wolves as they reproduce rapidly. Amazing that F&G recently counted 1,500 wolves in Idaho. That's a ton of wolves.

OP
Customweld
I flipped through. Isn't it basically extend the seasons most everywhere to make them almost year round? And allowing for more trapping methods in certain places? That's what's needed for proper harvest level of wolves as they reproduce rapidly. Amazing that F&G recently counted 1,500 wolves in Idaho. That's a ton of wolves.
That is an accurate depiction on the proposed changes. And yes, 1500 wolves is an astronomical number.

Amazing that the so-called scientists at the time wolves were reintroduced or 2009 when environmentalists sued to prevent hunting had no idea that wolves would be way harder to hunt than any animal in the West and reproduce on incredibly fast trajectories.

We’ve gone from one tag per person and a couple month hunting season to five tags and almost year long season and wolf numbers are still stable or growing slightly.

BuzzH

WKR
I see no problem with the proposals.

Probably wont see any significant increase in harvest. The guys that get after it get them killed every year...most don't.

Giving a barstool wolf hunter more tags isn't going to increase their odds of killing one.

excaliber

WKR
Wildlife services needs to be involved year round until the Wolf population has been cut in half for starters. The EIS stated we were to have 150 Wolves and 15 packs. I'd say we have exceeded those numbers by just a bit.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Every single hunter should be joining this organization, if not then don’t complain about wolves

except for the fact he’s right

Haha so my prior comment applies to TheTone. If you’re thinking you want to post about wolves here as an Idaho resident, keep holding your tongue. I can foresee 40 posts later, a waste of time, and a locked thread from our friendly admins...

TheTone

WKR
Haha so my prior comment applies to TheTone. If you’re thinking you want to post about wolves here as an Idaho resident, keep holding your tongue. I can foresee 40 posts later, a waste of time, and a locked thread from our friendly admins...

I’ve lived in Idaho my whole life, seen a few wolves, and hunted around them for years. I’ve also spent plenty of time hearing the doom and gloom of them from people that couldn’t kill one if it was standing in their living room. I’ll readily admit I wish they were never brought here and miss the days without them. But most people really don’t hunt them much so giving them more tags and longer seasons really won’t effect their ability or chances to kill one. For those few really getting after it this might help them some

Guys I’m from nc. I’ve been to Idaho 3 times in my life. Hunting twice. Traveling with my wife and kids last summer. Drove the mcgruder corridor. Awesome place. We had a wolf cross the road on us, maybe 4 miles from red river hot springs. The people I told in elk city told me that if we saw one, there was 5-6 behind- in front of it. IMO and I live in country infested with coyotes. You will have to declare martial law on them, and you’ll do good to keep up them. Coyotes have decimated the whitetail population in my area, and I’ve killed my fair share. This particular breed of predator was killed out by settlers- mountain men generations ago. On purpose....... They breed practically faster than I can find time to load bullets. Liberals dumped Canadian wolves in your home hunting grounds, and your state is gonna give you opportunity to kill more. Hell go kill em. They’ll get call shy, wise to anything human, and retreat till winter drives them out of the back country. I’ve honestly killed 14 coyotes. 13 shooting from a truck window. 1 was dumb enough to come to a call. Hell I bait coyotes with live chickens. They never show up till I’ve left. That was 6 years ago. They will become ghosts. Giant 125lb ghosts. That kill and eat everything.. I wish you luck. I’d say trapping would be anyone’s best bet, but who’s got time to run a full on trap line. I was probably born a century to late. I’m really starting to dislike my home state, but I guess I’m stuck here. Screwed around and made to many offspring!
The sad part is. I can shoot coyotes 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, and I can’t even spotlight one. There smart critters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tag numbers have also increased to 15 and yes an extended season and more tags will create more wolf kills only good wolf a dead one C2AFEB2F-3485-4891-9DF4-A764CD56906D.png44EA34B9-88BA-415C-9002-ACBF24CC0B7C.png25A9F288-5C9A-47EF-8F76-4E10FD029CB1.png

sneaky

"DADDY"
Lengthening the trapping season is the more effective play, this is just to raise more money by selling tags for incidental take. At least we won't have to use diverters on snares next year. Going to bed, going after them again tomorrow. I can buy 20 tags already with trapping and hunting tags. 280AI for reference in the pic.
9005fcdb3db90d795c1c43790b008cff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk