Idaho Wolf Season Proposals

All: please do not engage Buzz here. He doesn’t know about Idaho wolves and it just starts a big brawl.
I'll heed your advice, but I have run across my fair share of people complaining about wolves that only get out of the truck to take a piss and grab another beer. Wolf hunting is not easy. The only consistently successful wolf hunter I know is a trapper and it is his life come winter, hopefully longer seasons will bring trappers more success!

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Updated season proposals for elk deer and wolves making it all year now for wolves a little late but can help for panhandle...made my input

Attachments

• 8E2E30BA-7796-47FC-8438-A28B4CBBCA68.png
    8E2E30BA-7796-47FC-8438-A28B4CBBCA68.png
    917.8 KB · Views: 23
  • C8FF1CC4-9210-4213-92F2-E1C9882FBE28.png
    C8FF1CC4-9210-4213-92F2-E1C9882FBE28.png
    472.9 KB · Views: 23

johnsd16

WKR
No diverters on snares is a game changer. Makes the gear so much more efficient. 99% of not catching ungulates in snares is just being smart about where you put them. If you already have a BAD then diverters are just feel good add ons that add weight and make it take longer to make sets. I’m sure in AK it is different with more moose, but I just don’t see it being so important here. Hopefully we get to keep snares without diverters long term. As others have said, more tags aren’t going to change much. We can already get more than almost everyone but a handful of dedicated and skilled guys can fill.

I’ve tried my hardest but they aren’t running into the call like i wish they would. Mostly just hear them and see the carcasses they leave behind. it puts the elk on high alert. If/when I get the chance I’m dropping as many as I can.
resident

jdmaxwell

WKR
Hope meeting in March will be good news since the executive order was signed and relisted. Hate to have tags already for spring for them and can't go after.

Jeremy11

FNG
What is the value of a wolf pelt these days? Is it profitable for trappers? Are there any "bounty" schemes in place in ID?

The irony of it all is we released them, and now there are unlimited seasons, bounties, modifications to rule sets, anything to curb the numbers and here we go again in Colorado.

it’s just sheer madness.

sneaky

"DADDY"
The irony of it all is we released them, and now there are unlimited seasons, bounties, modifications to rule sets, anything to curb the numbers and here we go again in Colorado.

it’s just sheer madness.
Technically the govt released them in Idaho, then told Idaho to deal with them. Just wait til those things get relisted. Only the outlaws will hunt them then.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk