Idahoan Who Has No Idea How to Hunt

OXN939

WKR
That was going to be my next move! Whether I got answers or not I was going to burn the leather and get out there! Thank you for letting me know it worked out best for you!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Man this is really solid advice. Even this time of year, when scouting is as much as you can do, you'll learn a TON from time spent in the field. If you do find game animals, watch them and try to decode their behavior. What are they most interested in? Food? Other animals? What does their body language say? How are they using the terrain they live in? Use that as your foundation, and then augment it with ideas you get from other people, either online or from friends/ family and you'll be well on the way.

Also, don't get wrapped around the axle with all the dudes on here talking about taking 800 yard shots on game. If you can confidently and quickly put a round into a 6" circle at 200 yards under real hunting conditions, you will be doing much better than if you spend weeks nerding out about group size on paper shot through a lead sled.

OP
F
Man this is really solid advice. Even this time of year, when scouting is as much as you can do, you'll learn a TON from time spent in the field. If you do find game animals, watch them and try to decode their behavior. What are they most interested in? Food? Other animals? What does their body language say? How are they using the terrain they live in? Use that as your foundation, and then augment it with ideas you get from other people, either online or from friends/ family and you'll be well on the way.

Also, don't get wrapped around the axle with all the dudes on here talking about taking 800 yard shots on game. If you can confidently and quickly put a round into a 6" circle at 200 yards under real hunting conditions, you will be doing much better than if you spend weeks nerding out about group size on paper shot through a lead sled.
Never really thought about looking at behavior, thank you! That makes a lot of sense especially to help during the season! That makes me feel better, I'm not much of a long shot. 200 yards has always worked best for me

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Bubba94

Lil-Rokslider
I am in Franklin county. PM me if you'd be interested in trying to get a hunt or something thrown together in the future. I am always looking to expand my hunting circle.