Ideas for RIP TKO Arrow Set Up

n8saki

FNG
Coming from shooting high poundage heavy set ups [80lbs /558g arrows], want to experiment with a set up that I can use for both 3D fun shoots and hunting. My first self build, so interested in getting feedback on the front end of the arrow.

Current bow: V3X 33 29" DL / 75lbs - swapping strings to GAS as the stocks one lost 4lbs after 300 shots.
Arrows: RIP TKO [Already bought and cut 28.25 in, no front end as of yet]
Nock: Nockturnal
Fletching: AAE Stealth 3 L Fletched Helical - Have a ton, so I'm sticking with these
Target speed - 270-285 fps
Broadheads: Iron Will / Shwacker / Sevr. 100gr

268.8 gr - shaft with nockturnal avg wt.
27.6 gr - AAE Stealth 3 fletch avg wt.
TW so far 296.4
TW 396 with 100 gr broad head [not wanting to invest in 125gr.]

Open to thoughts and experience with insert, outsert, half-sert. My other set ups use IW collars and have they have served me well.

Don't want to make this a heavy vs light set up. I've ran both. Objective is good components & flying straight as long as I do my part.

Thanks in advance.

A hidden insert (HIT) or Deep Six RPS insert are the only two options I would consider for a .204" arrow.

You'll need to add quite a bit of weight to slow that arrow down to your desired speed range. 500 gr TAW should put you around 285 fps. A 100 gr Iron Will or Ethics HIT (or a slightly lighter HIT plus a collar) would get you there.

OP
N

n8saki

FNG
A hidden insert (HIT) or Deep Six RPS insert are the only two options I would consider for a .204" arrow.

You'll need to add quite a bit of weight to slow that arrow down to your desired speed range. 500 gr TAW should put you around 285 fps. A 100 gr Iron Will or Ethics HIT (or a slightly lighter HIT plus a collar) would get you there.

Thank you for the response. No experience with Ethics, would you say they are on par with Iron Will?

Thank you for the response. No experience with Ethics, would you say they are on par with Iron Will?
Yes but ethics annoys me because you have to sand/fit them even though you are ordering them in a specific size. IW are good to go from factory.
Mouse is spot on, my backup bow is almost identical, arrows as well, but 30” draw. 500g is going to put you right in that 280-285. How you get there is up to you, but I would do a 75g HIT, 25g collar, and 100g head.

OP
N

n8saki

FNG
Yes but ethics annoys me because you have to sand/fit them even though you are ordering them in a specific size. IW are good to go from factory.
Mouse is spot on, my backup bow is almost identical, arrows as well, but 30” draw. 500g is going to put you right in that 280-285. How you get there is up to you, but I would do a 75g HIT, 25g collar, and 100g head.

Copy, thank you for the insight. Will stick with IW with some collars. Suggestions on epoxy vs hot melt for install? Thanks.

Copy, thank you for the insight. Will stick with IW with some collars. Suggestions on epoxy vs hot melt for install? Thanks.
I prefer epoxy, I don’t want them going anywhere once installed. A lot of people like the ability to pull components and tinker though, personal preference.

I have no personal experience with Ethics components, but I wouldn't expect any issues with their HIT's fitting properly. Collars might be another story and may require sanding the arrow shaft to get a good fit.

I have no personal experience with Ethics components, but I wouldn't expect any issues with their HIT's fitting properly. Collars might be another story and may require sanding the arrow shaft to get a good fit.
Yea I should have been clearer, I was referring to the collars

NYSKIER

WKR
I shoot these arrows and I think you need the collars for sure. I've broken a lot of arrows with the half-outs and I feel its a strong arrow otherwise so the collars should make these excellent

ncavi8tor

WKR
I shoot the .300 RIP TKOs and love them! My build is IW HIT 50g inserts, IW 25g collars, 125g points/broadheads, 3 x Max Stealth vanes, and Bohning A nocks. TAW = 465 grains at 27.25" carbon to carbon.

I would recommend JB Weld 24 hour epoxy for the IW HITs. The Easton epoxy would not hold in those arrows for me even with a meticulous arrow prep including a bore brush inside the shaft. There have been numerous complaints regarding this issue.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I’ve been using RIP TKO .250s with Easton HIT 50 grain brass inserts and an iron will collar. Those are very durable and effective for hunting.

In my experience, the inside of the shaft needs to be lightly sanded or textured, then cleaned with alcohol for epoxy to hold well (at least the Easton epoxy). That recipe has been a winner for me.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I shoot RIP TKO Elite 250's out of my PSE Freak at 75lbs and almost 33" draw. Cut to 30" CTC, 75gr brass HIT's and 125's, with Bohning A nocks and either three 2" QS vanes or four 2.1" Q2i Fusion xii's. They come in really close to 500gr and shoot very well. I use some golf club 24-hour epoxy on the inserts that has been working really well. No collars........can't stand them. No durability issues in the last two years.

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot .204 Rampages.

For 100gr broadheads its 50 brass insert, 25 collar, 100 bh. For 125 its 25 IW insert, 25 collar, 125 bh.

TheViking

WKR

What’s your arrow setup for your 30” draw?

Trial153

WKR
.204 easy choice. IW steel HITS and collars. Pick the weight you want on each and your gtg