IDFG PROPOSAL RAISING NONRESIDENT FEES, REDUCING TAGS FOR OUT OF STATE HUNTERS

Im happy about it though I understand nonresidents have concerns. I think it will benefit nonresidents for things to get under control and I’m a nonresident everywhere but Idaho and have to deal with the limited opportunities.

I’m more pleased with the rule moving forward preventing purchase of capped tags for those who apply for controlled hunts. Hopefully it moves the needle a bit with draw odds.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Been a nonresident hunting Idaho for a long time nonresident numbers have not changed it is resident numbers along with wolves....things always change and you have to change with the times never have wasted time on things I can’t control....will simply buy tag one earlier at any cost and the minute tag two available if so will buy it also👍On to hunting this year and next as is it, looks like maybe I move to my family house on pend oreille and become resident😁

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
It has to pass the legislature so I'm not worried it's even going to happen.
Idaho really should increase fees they are comparably cheap as a western state and have no draw so they are still going to sell out. They should also double second tag fees but that hits residents in to hard in the pocket book to even consider

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

kind of funny that the proposal does not recommend an increase for non-resident wolf tags

They’re unlimited. Same with bears. Cheap prices. Why don’t the nonresidents want to put a dent in the predator issue? You see 100 to 1 posts about elk honey holes versus wolf.

SlimWhitman

Lil-Rokslider
Is the breakdown of non res 2nd tags purchased vs res 2nd tags purchased available?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Residents be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Colorado CPW chose to raise NR prices not once but basically every year. Each year NR revenue is a bigger percentage of the total money taken in. And guess what, no matter how much they take in, they can spend it all! Now they are addicted to NR money and can’t “afford” to reduce NR numbers because of the money they will lose.

So just remember each price increase for NRs makes it harder to limit their numbers.

As for me, I would chose to be limited in numbers because pricing people out of a western hunt just goes against what we should be doing. And with every price increase more and more are being priced out. No, not me, so guess I should be glad for that, but it just makes me sad.

Residents be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Colorado CPW chose to raise NR prices not once but basically every year. Each year NR revenue is a bigger percentage of the total money taken in. And guess what, no matter how much they take in, they can spend it all! Now they are addicted to NR money and can’t “afford” to reduce NR numbers because of the money they will lose.

So just remember each price increase for NRs makes it harder to limit their numbers.

As for me, I would chose to be limited in numbers because pricing people out of a western hunt just goes against what we should be doing. And with every price increase more and more are being priced out. No, not me, so guess I should be glad for that, but it just makes me sad.

This is about limiting numbers foremost. The price increase is so there isn’t a funding gap. Nonresidents provide 56% of funding. Listen to this place and you’d think it would be 90%. If you want to not be limited as a nonresident, hunt your home state.

The problem is that Idaho resident hunter numbers are increasing and there’s not as easy of a solution there. Many Idahoans including myself are loath to take away opportunity in the name of more draw hunts or longer wait periods.

DWBMontana

Lil-Rokslider
The way I see it, if you can afford to hunt in the first place you can afford just about any reasonable fee increase, whether you like it or not.

I do believe that resident fees across the country should be raised also, they are wayyy too cheap for what you get for them.
I recon you do not take into consideration, state income. property taxes in your statement. Residency should have some benefits to those that call it home. support the local towns, schools, roads, ect…...

87TT

WKR
It has to pass the legislature so I'm not worried it's even going to happen.
Idaho really should increase fees they are comparably cheap as a western state and have no draw so they are still going to sell out. They should also double second tag fees but that hits residents in to hard in the pocket book to even consider

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Want to bet it will pass.

Gotta love these types of threads. I remember a few years ago here in NM when the outfitters solidified outfitter welfare thru politics (and in turn hosed nr's in the process) everyone was going to boycott our state. NR's are still applying for the draw, buying welfare tags from outfitters, and paying big bucks for LO tags......

Joe Schmo

Lil-Rokslider
Man I cant wait to move to Idaho so I can preface everyone with “We residents...”
It’s pay to play and NR money is a big part of the budget as previously mentioned. OTC opportunity is good for sure so if you want it, pay for it.
Lest us not forget my fine friends that were at the pinnacle(ish) of the greatest economic run we’ve ever seen...when the roses, butterflies and unicorns all fade away maybe not everyone and their mother will be able to afford to hunt outta state every dang year!!