Idiots mistake moose for elk? News at 11...

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
PSA- This is how the NW will need to prepare for the influx of city dwelling new hunters. Never mind the farmer not knowing a bull from a cow......

9aa1b73405c4217f0abc25dfd086d69a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He damn well knows better then the put BULL on the side. Elk are bulls. Bovine are cows regardless of the sex. According to city folks that is.

These stories of people shooting llamas, cows and horses are nothing considering how many people have shot other hunters thinking they were game animals. Some people are just stupid.

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
Llama is delicious red meat, what I’ve had was tough but it was always older males. I’ve helped a neighbor butcher three.

Reminds me of the story of the guy that shoots an elk, and when he gets over to it there's another guy standing over it. He yells to that guy that "that is MY elk......I shot it.......I'm taking it". And the other guy says, "can I at least get my saddle off it first"?
Is that an old Winchester advertisement sign?

Miboy86

Lil-Rokslider
Couple years back lady shoots a bull elk here in Michigan during our deer gun season, has acouple people help her load the elk into her truck which she takes to the local buck pole to show off her monster "buck" she shot.

cbat

Lil-Rokslider
It snowed pretty good here the other day. I meet my buddy on the mountain and he said he was going home, He put on his tan coveralls not thinking about it being elk season. Figured he would be safer home.

boom

WKR
back on topic. i once let a great buck go because i couldnt postively ID him in my scope. the sun was right in my face. myhunt partners were SHOOT!! i passed. i didnt bum out about it, like would have if i hit a doe, or worse..a Llama or moose. :)

Hhardrockminer

Lil-Rokslider
grew up in Minn and my step dad would take me to the bar after the hunting and we could hear guys from Chi town talking about taking 1,2,3,4 sounds shots while they were hunting WTF
He always told me see what you shoot and know what you shot, some never learn

14idaho

FNG
I was at an Idaho check station when s person brought in a mule thinking it was a cow elk. Left him keep it, figured it was only right to let him eat it. Years ago was taking clients into camp and came across a herd of free ranging cattle. Client from N.Y. asked me if he can shot one since he had a cow tag. Go figure.