If i could change one thing about myself physically to be a better hunter.. (flat feet, bad knees, back, eyesight, etc)

*zap*

WKR
I think that people would be surprised at home much you can change 'some' limiting physical conditions with a good plan, patience and hard work done consistently over a longer period of time.

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
Glasses. Hate it. Can change everything else kn my own, but I gotta pay someone to shoot lasers in my eyes to fix that. Or continue dealing with the possibility of broken glasses, fogging at inopportune times, glinting, or hitting bow string.

BigShane54

Lil-Rokslider
Soft feet! My feet blister way too easily. I have been on hunts where after day 1 or 2, I have had 6-10 blisters on EACH foot. I have to lace my boots so tight my feet just go numb to finish out the remaining days of the hunts.
Luckily I bought a pair of Kenetreks a couple years ago and my feet really like them and it has minimized the problem.

TSimons9

FNG
I was blessed with really good endurance even when not working out consistently. This definitely helps with hunting because I do not get tired from hikes as quickly as my buddies. On the negative side my eye sight isn't great, its also not terrible compared to a lot of other folks but man it would be nice to not have to mess with glasses or contacts.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Like several others here...old injuries. I had a lifetime of serious athletic followed by a few orthopedic surgeries.

not much to do about it but try to stay in shape, work hard and try not to dwell on it.

TheGDog

WKR
Physical thing... that would make me a better hunter? Even though my Vision is shitty now... currently this lower back / tailbone issue is the big problem.

Poor eyesight here. Got put in glasses when I was three y.o. Glasses are terrible and Contacts are better, but expensive. Hoping lasik is going to be a good investment. Anybody had it?

Not a lot of complainers on this thread just those who persevere. Love it!

My eyes have changed some. I've always have had sensitive heels NO matter what I do. For this I am thankful for KT tape.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
simply age related stuff as my joint issues are from too much fun through life, 1ECB4756-4FDB-4392-A3B7-1BB94F0217E5.jpegsimply gotta keep grinding 57 last week party 🎉 on🤙

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
Poor eyesight here. Got put in glasses when I was three y.o. Glasses are terrible and Contacts are better, but expensive. Hoping lasik is going to be a good investment. Anybody had it?

Did it 14 years ago. Zero regrets. knowing what I do now would do it again for twice the $

TheGDog

WKR
Did it 14 years ago. Zero regrets. knowing what I do now would do it again for twice the $
I've spoken with friends who've gotten that done like 20yrs or so ago, and they told me their vision has degraded back down again not exactly as bad as before, but kinda like it was when they originally elected to do it. What did your Doc say in regards to how long the benefits would last? I'm asking on the chance that the technology is perhaps a little better now?