if i were to buy a bear tag

i will hunt CO again this year for elk in a unit that has its share of bears. for those of you who hunt both elk and bear, is bear just a target of opportunity or are you actively seeking them out?

OP
trophyhill
ha thats funny. i know that the unit i will be hunting in CO this year has a bunch of bears. or at least it did a couple years ago when i was hunting it. i'm pretty sure you have been there Jason.

JG358

WKR
Pretty sure most folks that have ever hunted CO have been there one time or another. You should head a bit farther north :)

OP
trophyhill
Pretty sure most folks that have ever hunted CO have been there one time or another. You should head a bit farther north :)

lol or a bit further east into the Sangre's? gonna be in the best shape of my life by sept. i'm already in the best shape i've been in in over 20 years. this year is gonna be good Jake!

BuckSnort

WKR
Have you tried calling them (if legal in CO)? It works great here.. I have called in a few to bow range one even to about 8-10 feet.. It's a rush..

B

bearguide

calling sounds fun / in the spring you can hunt bear or turkey what else can you seek out