If you buy a Helinox Zero….

Moserkr

WKR
In regards to the chair sinking in soft ground, that is absolutely true. I tend to try and sink the back legs more if thats happening, then lean back into it on the rear legs. I can balance all my 185#s on those rear legs alone. Same goes for being on hard rocky steep ground - dig out as flat as a spot as possible, and lean back on the 2 rear legs as needed. I wouldnt add more weight with extra pieces to the chair. Ive also put rocks under the rear legs in soft ground to stop sinking. It also truly weighs 18oz with the storage bag…

Elite

WKR
What’s everyone’s preference then, Chair or stool for glassing and camp relaxing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have the Ground Chair. I was so excited when I found it used on the RS classifieds. I’ve taken it on a few trips, and have never taken it out of my pack. The butt pad and leaning against a tree, rock, or my pack always won out. I’m usually pretty mobile, so the one thing I don’t take the time to setup the last few years is the chair!

KineKilla

WKR
I need to have a backrest if I'm sitting for hours on end. My helinox is not a considerable weight penalty. They can and will blow off the mountain though when you're not in them.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

They both have they're advantages. Since I'm only going to at most bring one chair for myself its the stool. I like it better for tending fire in the tipi stove, cooking on tipi or regular stove, eating from, glassing, and putting on/taking off boots/gaiters. I do get jealous of my friend in his helinox when we are relaxing and sipping a cold beer or a nip of whiskey - definitely a nice loungy position after a hard day. That is until he falls over backwards in his!

Elite

WKR
They both have they're advantages. Since I'm only going to at most bring one chair for myself its the stool. I like it better for tending fire in the tipi stove, cooking on tipi or regular stove, eating from, glassing, and putting on/taking off boots/gaiters. I do get jealous of my friend in his helinox when we are relaxing and sipping a cold beer or a nip of whiskey - definitely a nice loungy position after a hard day. That is until he falls over backwards in his!

Do you find it hard to sit and glass on it vs a chair with a back?

OP
P

Poser

WKR
Coors and scouting...I'm a jealous flatlander.

Every weekend of July and August. I do change up the beers regularly, but I do make it a habit pack in a burrito and a beer on Friday night and then I’ll experiment with new flavors of dehydrated meals on Saturday nights to figure out what I like and dislike on extended trip.

Do you find it hard to sit and glass on it vs a chair with a back?

I prefer it. I like being more upright and able to lean in slightly. And with an angled spotting scope I don't even know if the low chair would work? Not sure...never tried. I don't even use a spotter very often. My glassing is primarily with bino's and my sissy sticks.