If you could buy only one mid layer piece for late season whitetail stand sitting what would it be and why?

Ororo Heated electric vest.....with a backup battery....It will outperform anything I have ever seen and make my sit quite enjoyable.

Trial153

WKR
Sitka core middie. layers fantastic over your bases. Layers fantastic under your shell. Quit enough to hunt with if you take your shell off, sturdy enough for stand alone jacket, and it packs fairly small.

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
First Lite Furnace is really warm piece and layers really well. It’s become my go to for mid to late season.

Vandy321

WKR
Late season glassing...Arcteryx Leaf Naga 1/2 zip fleece hoodie as a mid. Have a Sitka Core HW hoodie as well and it cannot hold a candle to the Naga for warmth, although sitka breathes better when moving. weight is almost identical. The Naga is the Patagonia R1 on steroids.

archp625

WKR
Are you wanting this as an outer layer or a mid layer? My two thought as a mid layer/possible outer layer is Sitka Heavyweight hoodie or Fanatic or the First lite Klamath hoodie.

H80Hunter

WKR
I wouldn't buy fleece because "if you could buy only one" makes me think money is an issue and a $20 Condor fleece or $40 eddie bauer fleece will do 90% of what a fanatic hoody will do for 1/4 the price. A pnuma heated vest will keep you FAR warmer than a fanatic hoody will for less money, and/or no outdoors company makes a quiet puffy like the celsius midi.

TBHasler

WKR
If you could buy only one mid layer piece for late season whitetail stand sitting what would it be and why?

Where? Answer will differ if you hunt TX or FL vs N Nebraska or Michigan.

How far you walking to/from said stand?

Without a lot more specific context, These questions usually generate about 20 various pieces that are recommended.

TBHasler

WKR
I went and looked and your from WI. If you’re not walking a ton to/from stand - you’re answer is Sitka Traverse Cold weather hoody. Will work as outer for sits into 40s and as an extra warm mid layer for well below freezing.
It’s camo so provides concealment. Has a built in face mask and hood that provides warmth and concealment. And for less than $200, it’s probably the best all around value that Sitka makes.