If you could move anywhere?

satchamo

WKR
Man I hated those winters in that area. The "great gray dome" would move in around late October and stay until May. 40 degrees and raining was pretty much the forecast for 5 months. Yuk.

Yeah don’t get me wrong I still hate that time of year but I’m just glad to not have the frigid, snowy stuff. But nothing in my life requires it. It’s good for coyote hunting and late season deer if it happens at the right time but other than that.

I used to work for a company with a facility in Casper WY and the way they described their winters sounded like hell haha

Yeah don’t get me wrong I still hate that time of year but I’m just glad to not have the frigid, snowy stuff. But nothing in my life requires it. It’s good for coyote hunting and late season deer if it happens at the right time but other than that.

I used to work for a company with a facility in Casper WY and the way they described their winters sounded like hell haha
The wind in those places, along with the cold temps and snow, would indeed suck.

When I lived in New England as a teen, I learned to downhill ski, ice fish, x-country ski and play ice hockey. I really enjoyed all those things. It gave everyone something to do in the winter, aside from hunting. We were outside all the time.

Artesia is better than Carlsbad, but not much.
When we moved to Roswell in '98, I made the mistake of taking the south route instead of the east route. That means I dragged my wife up through Ft. Stockton and Pecos, TX, then Carlsbad and Artesia. When we got to Artesia, we took a bathroom break. When she and the kids came out of the bathroom to get back in the car, she looked me right in the eye and said "It had damn well get better than this!" My wife is not an angry person but she was having nothing to do with Carlsbad and especially Artesia. Thankfully, Roswell has some trees and decent neighborhoods and she managed to tolerate it for four years. We moved when she finally became too concerned about the kids going into Jr. High there. I married a leave-it-to-Beaver suburban girl, then took her to the valley and then Roswell. It's a wonder she's still with me. ha, ha.

Aside from the ridiculous spring winds, Roswell did have what I thought was some of the best weather of anywhere I've lived.

There is no crazier critter on the planet than a horse woman.
I come from a long line of horse women. Haven't met a rational one yet.
If the doctor ever says you only have 6 months to live, first thing you should do is marry a barrel racer. That 6 months will feel like an eternity.......

Just learned about this Martha's Vineyard place on the TV, seems like a nice place as long as you don't have brown skin. Heard they bus those types of folks out within days.

Torque

FNG
If we are strictly speaking of scenery, somewhere in the rural NE. If we are calculating for political dispositions, Utah, Wyoming or Montana.

I'd like to hear from non Mormons who moved to Utah . Especially in a community where 85% of the residents identify as LDS.
They probably never get to eat a meal that isn't interrupted with a door knock and a pamphlet.......

I just revisited New England for the first time in 35 years. I went to two years of high school in central (rural) Mass. and I had a good experience there in those days.

I thought it would have changed, but in fact it was almost exactly as I had left it. Population density is just as low as I remember. Scenery was just as good as I remember. New Hampshire and Maine are reasonably conservative states. New England gets a bad rap because of the liberal hangouts of Boston, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont and the cape. NH and Maine have been some of my favorite places that I've spent time. Good people that stay out of your business if you stay out of theirs.

Wife and I added it to the short list of possible places to retire, along with Durango/Pagosa Springs and SW Oregon.