If you could only go with one clothing brand and money wasn't a factor, which would it be?

If you could only go with one clothing brand and money wasn't a factor, which would it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
I thought this would be a fun experiment.

I understand that this isn't really a fair comparison because everyone has different hunting styles, climates, terrain, needs, and preferences... and each of the main clothing brands also have their own unique features and uses (E.g., an elk hunter in Utah won't have the same needs as a duck hunter in Maryland). That being said I just think it would be fun to see the numbers on this.

If you could only go with one clothing brand and money wasn't a factor, which would it be? Yes, one brand. You can't mix Kuiu Attacks with the Sitka Fanatic and First Lite base layers! And yes there are other brands out there but I just named the main/popular ones.

And for the "theoretical" nerds out there I have to give a disclaimer. Money "not being a factor" means for your initial purchase of clothing. It doesn't mean you have unlimited money for clothing, forever. For instance if you bought First Lite Obsidians and they ripped, you can't just keep re-buying them with your hypothetical unlimited money. Re-purchases would come out of your actual money.

bates

WKR
why limit yourself to just one brand?

we live in a golden age of options... no way would i want to pigeon hole myself into wearing just one brand. i like the find the best solutions for the task at hand and usually that involves a pant from brand x, jacket from z etc.

plus i am way over having all matchy matchy camo buying more solids...

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It would be my original Cabela's Microtex and Microtex Lite that came with unhemmed pants at 37" inseam. Sure wish they still made this stuff in the original style. I paid pennies on the dollar for it when I bought it, but would gladly pay top hunting company pricing for a good supply of it.

OP
Yard Candy

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
why limit yourself to just one brand?

we live in a golden age of options... no way would i want to pigeon hole myself into wearing just one brand. i like the find the best solutions for the task at hand and usually that involves a pant from brand x, jacket from z etc.

plus i am way over having all matchy matchy camo buying more solids...
I understand and agree with you... but the point of the post is a voting poll, not to debate or come up with alternative solutions.

If you're on mobile you wouldn't see the poll though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I voted kuiu. I have stuff from the first four options and others but the majority of my clothing is becoming kuiu. It fits me better than most of what else is out there and it's where I look when I think I need something else.

OP
Yard Candy

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
I’m starting to see why the political polls are always off, we Americans have a hard time answering polls
Also the poll isn't really a "fair" comparison. Just for funsies.

406unltd

WKR
I used Kryptek for years and liked it a lot. Then I switched and made an entire system change to Sitka. While the Sitka gear is definitely nice, it isn’t what I would call an upgrade from my old Kryptek gear. All I needed was one season to know that the durability of my Sitka gear wasn’t as good as my Kryptek. This is just my experience so far. With that said it’s not like it’s falling apart, but I do have several seams/stitching coming loose on different pieces of my Sitka. As well as a hole that got punched in the thigh of a pair of my timberline pants. Overall I do slightly favor Sitka only because they have such a complete selection and or options in every category and pursuit.

OP
Yard Candy

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
I used Kryptek for years and liked it a lot. Then I switched and made an entire system change to Sitka. While the Sitka gear is definitely nice, it isn’t what I would call an upgrade from my old Kryptek gear. All I needed was one season to know that the durability of my Sitka gear wasn’t as good as my Kryptek. This is just my experience so far. With that said it’s not like it’s falling apart, but I do have several seams/stitching coming loose on different pieces of my Sitka. As well as a hole that got punched in the thigh of a pair of my timberline pants. Overall I do slightly favor Sitka only because they have such a complete selection and or options in every category and pursuit.
Get your vote in! If you're on mobile you won't see the poll.