If you had...

If I were looking to support some of the new upand coming younger bowyers I would look at Wengerd or Hurst. And beleive me you are going to get incredible crafstmanship and value with eihr of those guys.
I peronally have asoft spot for Bob Lee bows. Its a long-standing family business that builds great shooting recurves. Bob Lee innovated many of the aspect of the traditional recurve that Fred Bear popularized.

sveltri

WKR
Sent him a deposit today. Not 100% what I want yet but have a little bit to figure it out as he's got a few bows in front of me that he's working on.

Looking forward to it though!!!
When are you supposed to have the new bow?

Beendare

WKR
My take;
Lots of great bows out there….but I think its a big mistake to try and buy your forever bow on the first go around. Who knows what you are going to gravitate to, there are just too many options.

Get a cheap light 30#-35# ILF system like the Black hunter or Southwest archery for under $300 to start. These can shoot as good if not better than $1500 customs even with relatively inexpensive ILF limbs.

Then while you are learning good form, try a bunch of different bows; long, short, recurve, longbows.Brand new custom bows are like a new car, they depreciate a lot. You can trade off one of the cheap ILFs for 80% of what you paid…

Gun

FNG
I've had a bunch of customs over the years. They all shoot well. It's just a matter of getting used to the grip and sight picture.

For the last 10+ years I've been using a Bear Mag TD. In my opinion it has it all. 3 styles of grips, sights-no sights, 3 lengths of limbs at multiple weights. Can mount stabilizers, Bow Quivers, Fishing reels. It's the best of the best. Plus you can still find one for around $600