If You're Wanting to Come Hunt in Montana.....

Deadfall

WKR
There HAS been uproar over b-10 and b-11 licenses for decades. But, as Randy noted, this bill doesn’t affect the status quo on that issue.

That said, it sounds like you agree this current bill is a bad idea, so why not join in opposition?
I am in complete and total agreement this bill needs to die. I am on board. Not because of the outfitter stuff. I'm on board now because the few things I found beneficial have been polluted

Deadfall

WKR
I've been emailing government for many years trying to do something about landowners. It's grossly out of control.

I dont see it much in person because of where and how I hunt. Last few years on occasion I run around with new hunters and have seen some disgusting practices where landowners are concerned.

I've had them try to run me off stateland they have grazing lease on and think they own. I've called game warden everytime. and everytime the landowner changes tone when they involved. So big shout out to gamewardens.

I've seen Galt haze elk from public land to his private using a helicopter. Game wardens say he pays the fine like we would buy a KitKat bar.

I've seen 5th generation ranches sell in groups and be shut off.

I've seen way more acess be closed then opened when out of state folks come in and buy ground bordering national forest.

I've guided the fancy TV types and I've not met one that impresses me. Had more then one shoot, wound and keep on hunting. Then want to wonder around outside of camp acting like they were tracking. Have had to count arrows when they leave camp.. Those cats got hauled out immediately.

Most residents I talk to about this stuff are at a loss. Watching this thing die before my eyes.

Sooner or later it's going to effect where I hunt and how I hunt. So I got involved long time ago. At first just trying to introduce non hunters to hunting. Which has been very rewarding and successful. Eventhough I travel on my own dime all across the west.

2021 I'm heading to Colorado and Wyoming, not with one single tag in my pocket. Purely just to help other guys. That's where the reward is for me.

This stuff here is frustrating and beats a guy up and down, but also necessary I believe.

So I'll keep emailing and doing what I can do to preserve this thing. However, little that may be.

Deadfall

WKR
There HAS been uproar over b-10 and b-11 licenses for decades. But, as Randy noted, this bill doesn’t affect the status quo on that issue.

That said, it sounds like you agree this current bill is a bad idea, so why not join in opposition?
Ok. How do we affect the status quo of that? I'm in for about anything. What I've been trying isn't working

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Ok. How do we affect the status quo of that? I'm in for about anything. What I've been trying isn't working

You can talk to your house rep or senator and see if they are willing to carry a bill. You would be surprised what face-to-face contact can lead to.

The losing access to large out of state landowners issue is a big issue to me, too (Looking at you, Wilks Bros!).

I am open to ideas to deal with that issue in the future, but right now I think we should work hard to kill this bill.

Deadfall

WKR
You can talk to your house rep or senator and see if they are willing to carry a bill. You would be surprised what face-to-face contact can lead to.

The losing access to large out of state landowners issue is a big issue to me, too (Looking at you, Wilks Bros!).

I am open to ideas to deal with that issue in the future, but right now I think we should work hard to kill this bill.
I've been face to face in the past.
Maybe I'll do some in depth research put serious numbers together. Draft something and see how that goes.
I've put short round numbers and ideas together. Simply I'm not a lobbyist, have no weight.

Still never have understood how everyone dan be so against "outfitter welfare" but not bat an eye at "landowner welfare ".

I believe this bill is on a crash course with the giliteene

Leave it to a Galt to draft a bill that would benefit him and his buddies most. You just can’t make this stuff up. It seems government exists to help themselves- then again it always has- but now they don’t even care to hide it.

Deadfall

WKR
I just got off the phone with Mrs. Stockwell who is drafting the bill.
It is still in the drafting process.

It wil go to house fish wildlife and parks. Should start emailing committee members now.

dye7barrel

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Looking up the status on I see "Missed Deadline for Revenue Bill Transmittal". No idea what this means. Anyone know if this bill still has legs?

If you were opposed to SB143 (guaranteed outfitter licenses) I think you have less than a day to contact your MT legislators and urge a no vote on HB637. Through some back room dealing all the bad stuff (and more) were added to this HB 637 which is up for a final vote in the next day or so.

If you were opposed to SB143 (guaranteed outfitter licenses) I think you have less than a day to contact your MT legislators and urge a no vote on HB637. Through some back room dealing all the bad stuff (and more) were added to this HB 637 which is up for a final vote in the next day or so.
Yes, a handful of greasy legislators recently amended HB 637.

HB 637, a catch-all bill full of problems already, was just amended to give unlimited big game combination licenses this year to outfitted hunters. It would also permanently give non-resident hunters using an outfitter an extra bonus point each year, giving them a leg up to draw big game licenses.

Public hunters made it clear this session that everybody should have an equal opportunity to hunt in Montana, and this provision is just another attempt to put outfitted clients at the front of the line.

Contact your legislator and tell them to vote NO on HB 637. This is a terrible bill with numerous problems that now once again favors wealthy hunters over others. Montanans rejected special treatment for outfitted hunters, and we spoke up this session to say we want to maintain that. Montanans welcome non-resident hunters, and believe everybody should get a fair chance to come hunt here.

fatlander

WKR
Anyone have a doc with all the email addresses? Last time I went through one by one and emailed. I don’t have the time today to send 50 different emails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superdoo

WKR
Anyone have a doc with all the email addresses? Last time I went through one by one and emailed. I don’t have the time today to send 50 different emails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk