If You're Wanting to Come Hunt in Montana.....

Landowners don't control anything with regard to wildlife, only their property.

They already have the means to profit from access, Block Management, leasing, or guiding themselves.

What they aren't owed is a living off a state asset. Game management and tag distribution should be handled by the MTFWP and Commission, using science and biology...not the whims of the Legislature. Certainly not handed to only those citizens that own land. Wildlife is held in trust for ALL citizens of the State.

If the legislature in Montana, etc. are going to circumvent the public process, ignore the role of the Commission and FWP, then don't be surprised if you find your job on the line. Don't be surprised if the majority seek to correct the absolute corruption of the Legislative process that has gone on by reversing that corruption via ballot initiative. What choice do the majority in Montana have when the Legislature ignores their wishes?

If the Legislature would act accordingly, letting the FWP Commission act as they should, they wouldn't be in danger of suffering the wrath of a bunch of pissed off Montana Resident hunters. Resident hunters who are flat tired of the bullshit that goes on in Helena every session to pad the pockets of outfitters, landowners, and defy the wishes of the People. The pissed off Resident Hunters who have the ultimate say in who represents them, or in this case, who ISN'T representing the wishes of the Constituents.

This latest crap outfitter welfare is going to cost some of these Legislators their jobs...and it should. They run on supposed Republican free capitalist ideals and then once elected, its straight to crony capitalism, shady deals, and political pay-offs. Those supporting that crap need to be shown the door.

The problems with Montana wildlife are 90% the actions of the Legislature...and that's a fact.
No buzzy it won't cost them their jobs, why don',t you worry about wyoming &let montana worry about montana montana's wildlife and how irs managed is non of YOUR buisness YOUR way isnt the way it needs to be done and never will be

BuzzH

WKR
No buzzy it won't cost them their jobs, why don',t you worry about wyoming &let montana worry about montana montana's wildlife and how irs managed is non of YOUR buisness YOUR way isnt the way it needs to be done and never will be
So what outfitter do you work for?

CJ19

WKR
May perhaps be the first thing you've been correct about.

I'm having a hard time seeing your "conservative" viewpoint though.

I guess I was unaware that subsidizing business's via a public asset and favoring one business over all others was a "conservative" viewpoint. In particular when done via legislation opposed by the majority.

I also THOUGHT that conservative viewpoints were all about free market capitalism rather than passing legislation that picks winners and losers...good old crony capitalism.

If those really are "conservative" viewpoints, then yes, my views on capitalism and how the Legislature should function in regard to equitable access to wildlife, would be opposite of those.
O this is rich. Worry about your own state buzz. As you say. This doesn't concern you as a Wyoming resident. Those game animals belong to MT residents. Didn't some guy from NJ move there and become governor? Funny bc you always tell people if they don't like a states game laws they should move there and have a voice. Maybe you should move back to MT buzz and run for governor.

Although I will say, I am enjoy watching all the tears flow over on clowntalk about MT issues. the "in" crowd over there just can't seem to figure out why more people are not super concerned about hunting issues And making it a top voting priority. I guess that's what happens when a forum becomes a total echo chamber. too bad I am not able to have an opinion as a non resident and all. Unfortunate bc in the end I'm sure its bad for those of us NRs that like to hunt on public land.

slick

WKR
The best part is the legislature is shitting on the MT residents, and now MT residents are still so apt to pile on Buzz because he staunchly defended his right as a WY resident.

People are so stupid.

BuzzH

WKR
O this is rich. Worry about your own state buzz. As you say. This doesn't concern you as a Wyoming resident. Those game animals belong to MT residents. Didn't some guy from NJ move there and become governor? Funny bc you always tell people if they don't like a states game laws they should move there and have a voice. Maybe you should move back to MT buzz and run for governor.

Although I will say, I am enjoy watching all the tears flow over on clowntalk about MT issues. the "in" crowd over there just can't seem to figure out why more people are not super concerned about hunting issues And making it a top voting priority. I guess that's what happens when a forum becomes a total echo chamber. too bad I am not able to have an opinion as a non resident and all. Unfortunate bc in the end I'm sure its bad for those of us NRs that like to hunt on public land.
I'm going to act like GG (R) Governor of Montana from Jersey, and just take from the State with both hands.

I got mine...and this fall will be 43 straight years of hunting Montana and I can still do it for half price of what most NR's pay. As far as I know, there was one NR hunter that testified against that bill allowing me to take advantage of it...I'll let you guess who that was.

I can route my voice through family, friends, and Sportsmen's groups I'm still affiliated with in Montana. I haven't lost my voice there, in fact its amplified. Not many have been involved much longer than I have. I get phone calls nearly every day from people in Montana about these issues.

And a lot worse than most want to believe it is.
Well like you ive hunted montana as a resident for 50 yrs its not as good as it used to be and never will be, but its not truely terrble eithier.
my wife and i still fill all our tags every year (and yes we also pick up.as many doe tags in cwd areas as we can get ) just like we have for the last 49 yrs good is a relative term
What might not be good to you or others might be the hunt of a lifetime for a lot of folks not everybody wants that 400+ inch bull or 30+ inch mule deer
lot of folks just want to fill their tags
I don't care if its a doe ,buck bull cow,calf or fawn if its legal its dead i never have and never will be strictly a horn hunter ive killed my share of big bulls and bucks i dont need to impress anybody
Never have never will

MTChurch

FNG
You may want to contact the Senate Fish & Game Committee and ask them to oppose this bill. SB143 https://leg.mt.gov/bills/2021/billpdf/SB0143.pdf

It's hard to sort through the draft language but from what I gather this would reinstate the guaranteed outfitter licenses that were done away with through a citizens ballot initiative. It looks like this would give 60% of deer and elk permits to people hunting with outfitters. This bill is bad for residents and DIY non-residents.

Here is the contact info for the committee members:

SEN. STEVE HINEBAUCH - SD18
CHAIR
[email protected]
(406) 365-7967
(406) 989-1372

SEN. BOB BROWN - SD7
VICE CHAIR
[email protected]
(406) 242-0141

SEN. TOM JACOBSON - SD11
VICE CHAIR