IFG Fee Increase Press Release.

Anozira

WKR
If I'm doing the math correctly, after the hunting license, a NR elk tag would cost a hair more than CO. I'm interested to see how it all plays out and what effect, if any, this will have. Seeing as how many NR hunt CO my guess is it may slow down the non-resident tag purchases slightly but not much.

ODB

WKR
Man I’m glad I’ll be a resident (for the third damn time) by then.

OP
Customweld
If I'm doing the math correctly, after the hunting license, a NR elk tag would cost a hair more than CO. I'm interested to see how it all plays out and what effect, if any, this will have. Seeing as how many NR hunt CO my guess is it may slow down the non-resident tag purchases slightly but not much.
It will make it more interesting if they adopt the proposal to cap all zones for NR's

Idaho is brutal for nonresidents. If you want to bird hunt there you need a general licence ($185) plus a small game ($141.75) for a total of $326.75. Unbelievable!

LostArra

WKR
Maybe 280Ackley's experience was the IF&G thinking he was a non-resident.

IdahoHntr

WKR
Idaho is brutal for nonresidents. If you want to bird hunt there you need a general licence ($185) plus a small game ($141.75) for a total of $326.75. Unbelievable!
Not even close to true. You only need one or the other. You don't need both. A normal hunting license covers both big game and small game. The small game license is just a cheaper option if you are only going to hunt small game and don't need the full big game license.

I called Idaho Fish and Game today (before posting above) and was told that both were needed to hunt small game. I'll call again tomorrow to clarify. I do hope you are correct.

I called Idaho Fish and Game today (before posting above) and was told that both were needed to hunt small game. I'll call again tomorrow to clarify. I do hope you are correct.

You heard wrong.... small game is all you need to hunt birds. That, or the 10-15 game wardens and federal wardens that have checked me in the field hunting waterfowl and pheasants missed a pile of opportunity to cite me and everyone I know.

Idaho hunter is 100% correct.

Wrench

WKR
You heard wrong.... small game is all you need to hunt birds. That, or the 10-15 game wardens and federal wardens that have checked me in the field hunting waterfowl and pheasants missed a pile of opportunity to cite me and everyone I know.

Idaho hunter is 100% correct.

Same experience here. Big game license and rock on.

Billinsd

WKR
Not even close to true. You only need one or the other. You don't need both. A normal hunting license covers both big game and small game. The small game license is just a cheaper option if you are only going to hunt small game and don't need the full big game license.
Right and I thought you could