Igloo 120qt Cooler $57 bucks on amazon

NDGuy

WKR
Good deal, I just found Cabelas has it for $49.97. Just FYI in case anyone lives near a store. You need to add one small item to get it over $50 for free shipping.

NDGuy

WKR

Rob5589

WKR
Good coolers, keep ice in Sept weather for 4-6 days depending on heat. But yeah, the hinges and locks break easily and the handles come loose. The Coleman 120 is what I use now and feel it's a better all around cooler.

TX_Diver

WKR
I didn’t replace the handles but did replace the latches with the same stuff. The Coleman’s are nice too but they fill with water in a heavy rain while the igloos don’t. I threw some stuff in a Coleman that I took out of the bag last minute at the trailhead. It was in 2-3” of water when I got back a week later. My igloo was right next to it and was dry inside. Drove across the country last year (WI to Houston to NM and then back) with all my camping gear in the igloo and it stayed dry through some awesome rainstorms.

pk_

WKR
I didn’t replace the handles but did replace the latches with the same stuff. The Coleman’s are nice too but they fill with water in a heavy rain while the igloos don’t. I threw some stuff in a Coleman that I took out of the bag last minute at the trailhead. It was in 2-3” of water when I got back a week later. My igloo was right next to it and was dry inside. Drove across the country last year (WI to Houston to NM and then back) with all my camping gear in the igloo and it stayed dry through some awesome rainstorms.
Yea I have two of those Coleman coolers and they always fill with water when it rains. Drives me crazy. Barely use them because of it.

TxxAgg

WKR
Bought one. Thanks.
I already had some good latches laying around

10bands

FNG
I've had one of those or at least it's one like it for over 20 years. It's held a lot of salmon and elk. I got those same amazon hinges and latches awhile back. They're excellent.

I just bought one myself from Cabela’s. Thanks!

I figured you can’t go wrong for that price for a 120 qt cooler.

I bought one online.

Called up my dad who has a couple Igloo 48 qt he bought at Costco for around $50. He said he wanted a couple so I went online and put in an order only to find out the online inventory was out of stock!

Ended up purchasing 4 of them through my local BPS. I was trying to get two of them shipped to my dad through Cabela’s “free” shipping promo however, I guess I‘ll be transporting them when we meet up for elk season this Fall.

I bought those discounted Cabela’s gift cards in the For Sale section. Including my employment discount I averaged around $40 a cooler. Hopefully, when it comes to deer, elk, and bear quarters they will work great.

*5th cooler not pictured.

Attachments

• 4DE87FCC-FB86-46D0-9AC2-83267CC74A00.jpeg
    4DE87FCC-FB86-46D0-9AC2-83267CC74A00.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
i still swear these are the best coolers made. easy to replace parts, last forever, lighter than the ridiculously priced roto molds, and they are not 8 inches thick so there is room to keep stuff in them.

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
I bought two myself. Going to pray in foam in lid, put rubber seals in, and replace latches and hinges. Will be sufficient for my hunting needs.

i have an igloo going on 20 years or more. only had to replace hinges recently. there are people selling flexible hinges made of cut Kevlar fire hose. guess you could make your own by tracing. thanks for the heads up.!

rj2

WKR
with a coupon site and acitvejunky, was able to get 2 coolers for $80 shipped. thanks