IL new guy

Buzby

WKR
New guy from IL looking to expand my hunting experiences. I’m now in a place where I can go out of state on hunting trips. I’ve enjoyed a few non-hunting trips out west. Hunting out west among the mountains has been a dream for me for many years. This is a great place to learn from others experience and shorten the learning curve a bit.

WyoJessen

FNG
Look in to antelope for a first western hunt. Easy to find all day long and give you plenty of opportunity for success. Buy a couple doe tags to get more stalks. And they’re super easy to pack out for your first time.

OP
Buzby

Buzby

WKR
Look in to antelope for a first western hunt. Easy to find all day long and give you plenty of opportunity for success. Buy a couple doe tags to get more stalks. And they’re super easy to pack out for your first time.
This sounds like a solid idea. Thanks for the tip.

Johnson27

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome and be warned. Western hunting is addicting. It's really hard sitting in a tree stand, looking at corn fields, while dreaming of the mountains.

OP
Buzby

Buzby

WKR
Welcome and be warned. Western hunting is addicting. It's really hard sitting in a tree stand, looking at corn fields, while dreaming of the mountains.
Man, I hear that! I while tree stands are definitely the norm here. I do occasionally (and even sometimes successfully!) ground hunt here. It’s more fun to stay mobile, and not tied to a tree!