ILF bows for hunting?

bushpilot

Lil-Rokslider
Just curious if anyone here has tried the Win Win black wolf (also rebranded as a the tradtech lobo)? I am looking at trying out an ilf recurve, to see if it can run with my 2 piece longbows for backcountry hunting.

Beendare

WKR
Just curious if anyone here has tried the Win Win black wolf (also rebranded as a the tradtech lobo)? I am looking at trying out an ilf recurve, to see if it can run with my 2 piece longbows for backcountry hunting.
I've seen one in person at a shoot...but it was a righty so I didn't get to shoot it. The guy shooting it really liked it....looks like a solid quality riser.... everything W&W I've seen is quality. His setup was a tad noisy but it was due to him shooting a very light noisy 300gr arrow for target stuff.

_________

Mudd Foot

WKR
My Tradtech has stacked Velcro discs on the shelf, and an Accutune side plate from The Push. Easy tuning from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ILF recurves shoot just like any other takedown recurve. Now the limb to riser connection is a typically blended to be more aesthetically pleasing on most customs. The only reason I would chose custom over ILF is if I wanted that custom look. Some guys identify with their bows- great...and prefer to walk the woods with a custom longbow. I get it.

Shooting wise, I've shot a couple customs and feel an ILF riser with a quality limb feels and shoots as good if not better than any of the customs I've tried. I know my couple sets of premium limbs are smoother with better performance for sure.

A guy can get a very cheap ILF setup that is comparable in performance to many customs.

Its pretty much a feel thing. I see why guys like a Black Widow for example...they shoot good. But then comparing it side by side with my one ILF setup....mine was smoother on the back end and faster.

The versatility of ILF is hard to beat....and it's not like it takes a long time to swap- 2 minutes?

I agree, they are a wise choice. I had a satori, but didn't care for it (didn't like the grip or the fact it was a 21" riser on mine) I just got a 19" riser (das tribute) and love the grip on it. just got it so don't even have limbs yet, but I already like the freedom of choosing any limbs I could imagine. first on the list is a light set of recurve limbs for training, second will be some Morrisons... I have the super curve curiosity.

my blacktail will be in the woods with me in Sept, regardless, that bow and I have some unfinished business, but I could see hunting my metal riser in the future at some point. I think the grip will make it hard not to.

ILF's are just a good investment with endless options

OkayestHNTR

Lil-Rokslider
Hunt yes... harvest different story. Regardless there’s something great about being able to send a few arrows throughout the day at unsuspecting stumps. SuperUnTrad with my TightSpot.
171b540240a385bfcbb0f4ca0e2e89f9.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk Pro

I've shot ILF bows off the shelf and off a rest, depending on the bow. The heavy rubber Hoyt Hunter rests with the built-in pressure button are my favorite hunting rests when I choose to use one. I trim the little "finger" about 2/3 of the way down but leave just enough to keep the arrow on the rest if the wind blows, etc. Those are very durable and forgiving rests and they work very well.

Some ILF risers are designed so you can shoot off the shelf if you want, others are not. Just depends on the model.

bobinmi

WKR
I've owned one for about 2yrs. I have Tradtech RC carbon woods on it and its been an absolute joy to shoot. Dead in the hand. I didn't love the original grip and had an RCore made for it. The only thing that I don't like about the riser is the lack of quiver bushings.