Ilf hunting limbs

PAhntr91

WKR
Hey all. I’m looking for a set of 50lb limbs for my trad tech 19 riser. I was looking at the uukha selenga alternativess has them for 479 that’s probably top of my price range. Has any one shot these that could give a decent review.

I’m not set on these limbs open to other limb choices but would like to get into a 50# draw weight at my 28.5 draw.

dlee56

WKR
I shot at the Selenga limbs at RMS last year and absolutely love them, they are incredible. I have also heard that uukha's 2021 line which the selengas are in has had tons of quality issues. Multiple guys have had them break mid draw.

I shoot 50# uukha Saiga's (2020 line) and they've been amazing but not as nice as the selengas were.

OP
P

PAhntr91

WKR
Yeah I guess that’s in the back of my mind. I think I did read that on another thread one guy had his break. Wonder how many that has happened too

dlee56

WKR
Not sure. They are decent with replacing them I think but still takes a while with them being in Europe. Could be worth it with how nice they are.

bisblue

WKR
I've heard good things about uukha Gobi, I think they are cheaper on alternatives. John at John's custom archery also has some junxing carbon foam limbs that I think run $200 and he has awesome customer service

IaArcher

FNG
I have the Salenga in 45#. I bought them from Alternativess last spring. They have been great limbs and very fast. Fun to shoot.

bobinmi

WKR
I bought a set yesterday, now I've got 6 weeks to second guess myself. Unfortunately, that riser will sit until the new limbs come in. I effed up storing my hunting bow when I dislocated my shoulder last fall and twisted a limb.

Hawkeye29

Lil-Rokslider
I have the uukha saiga 45’s. They’ve been great and super smooth!

oldgoat

WKR
I bought a set yesterday, now I've got 6 weeks to second guess myself. Unfortunately, that riser will sit until the new limbs come in. I effed up storing my hunting bow when I dislocated my shoulder last fall and twisted a limb.
You can usually straighten out a twisted limb

I also love how the Uukhas shoot and feel. I tried out a pair of the DAS 3k carbon limbs and absolutely love them. Great price and buttery smooth. Have them on my hybrid 3d / hunting bow and they are preforming amazing. Would be a great upgrade from something like the TT wood/ glass and probably under the Uukha a little.

plentycoupe

Lil-Rokslider
I shot at the Selenga limbs at RMS last year and absolutely love them, they are incredible. I have also heard that uukha's 2021 line which the selengas are in has had tons of quality issues. Multiple guys have had them break mid draw.

I shoot 50# uukha Saiga's (2020 line) and they've been amazing but not as nice as the selengas were.
What were the differences you noticed?

dlee56

WKR
What were the differences you noticed?
The selengas draw a lot smoother, I think due to the sueprcurve there's absolutely zero stack and to be honest it almost feels like the lbs/inch goes down when you get closer to full draw. Some folks prefer a harder back end but I was a huge fan, just wasn't worth the extra money for me since I already had the saiga's. The Selengas are also lighter and more streamlined (a little).

Squints08

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered a pair of short 50# Selengas about 1.5 weeks ago from Alternative and can't wait for them to show up.