ILF Longbow Limbs

Jdoc

What does everyone like or use for ilf longbow limbs? I just picked up a set of morrisons and so far i like them but i don't have anything to compare them to. This is my first longbow but been shooting recurves for years, i just really wanted to give it a try. Is there a limb people don't like, ones that are smooth and fast? Really hear to just learn from the group all about longbow shooting, the equipment and see how i like it in comparison. Thanks for your help.

bushpilot

I have had 4 different ilf longbow limbs thus far. A set of tradtech wood/ glass limbs made by Samick. 3 rivers DAS bamboo limbs, Dryad Epics, and Javaman Double Carbon limbs. All were in that 50lb range, the tradtech were longs and the rest xl.

I can do a more detailed write up later but my funds are that the DAS Bamboo are the best for the money ($159) and they shoot almost just as good as the dryad epics which only have a little less vibration (less mass weight) but are 3 times the price. The worst were the javaman limbs which I thought were going to be stellar for $600. I was so disappointed that I returned them.

Beendare

Just about every name brand ILF limb that I have tried has been good, So many great options at a relatively low price point. I would stay away from the very cheap off brand Limbs.

I think the WNS line in carbon wood or carbon foam for about $150-$250 is one of the best bangs for the buck out there.

-

RCL

I agree to stay away from the super cheap limbs.
Lots of good choices.
I have a set of Dryad and have been completely satisfied.

SHTF

I shot the dryad Epics for a while just sold them as I am going to stick with my recurves and I have a Holm made Goshawk 66 inch Longbow I really like alot when I shoot longbow. Otherwise Ive been mostly doing recurve shooting. my most recent purchase that is an amazing bow is a Border Covert hunter. Super fast recurve that is amazing technology. I tried the LB ILF and it just did not feel the same as my 1 piece longbow

Tartan

I have a set of dryad lbx on the way to pair up with my wf19.

can’t comment much till I get them in hand. But really looking forward to trying them out.

Kentucky

I love ILF longbow limbs..but a ILF longbow limbs on a metal riser IS NOT the same as a wood cut to center longbow..

Metal riser gives you the ease of tune and forgiveness, limbs give you quietness and the linear draw..

I second the DAS LB limbs for best bang for buck..

Beendare

I love ILF longbow limbs..but a ILF longbow limbs on a metal riser IS NOT the same as a wood cut to center longbow..

Metal riser gives you the ease of tune and forgiveness, limbs give you quietness and the linear draw..

I second the DAS LB limbs for best bang for buck..
Yeah, an ILF longbow is much different than a one piece custom.

Mine shot great accuracy wise and tune wise, but if I was hunting with a long bow it would be a one piece Custom.

Kentucky

Yeah, an ILF longbow is much different than a one piece custom.

Mine shot great accuracy wise and tune wise, but if I was hunting with a long bow it would be a one piece Custom.

Agreed, I just sold my ILF longbow for that reason.. I’m down to a das 17” with some high end carbon woods, and a JK traditions 58” RD longbow..

OP
Jdoc

Jdoc

Thank you everyone for all the input. I ended up finding a set of morrison longbow limbs that i am really enjoying and may hunt with. I want to try the sky limbs sometime and like the idea of a two piece take down bow. This is a big change from shooting super curves so we will see i guess.

Bryceo29

I have had 4 different ilf longbow limbs thus far. A set of tradtech wood/ glass limbs made by Samick. 3 rivers DAS bamboo limbs, Dryad Epics, and Javaman Double Carbon limbs. All were in that 50lb range, the tradtech were longs and the rest xl.

I can do a more detailed write up later but my funds are that the DAS Bamboo are the best for the money ($159) and they shoot almost just as good as the dryad epics which only have a little less vibration (less mass weight) but are 3 times the price. The worst were the javaman limbs which I thought were going to be stellar for $600. I was so disappointed that I returned them.
I like my dryad’s , they are fast and quiet anc worth the money.