ILF Longbow Limbs

Jdoc

Lil-Rokslider
What does everyone like or use for ilf longbow limbs? I just picked up a set of morrisons and so far i like them but i don't have anything to compare them to. This is my first longbow but been shooting recurves for years, i just really wanted to give it a try. Is there a limb people don't like, ones that are smooth and fast? Really hear to just learn from the group all about longbow shooting, the equipment and see how i like it in comparison. Thanks for your help.

bushpilot

Lil-Rokslider
I have had 4 different ilf longbow limbs thus far. A set of tradtech wood/ glass limbs made by Samick. 3 rivers DAS bamboo limbs, Dryad Epics, and Javaman Double Carbon limbs. All were in that 50lb range, the tradtech were longs and the rest xl.

I can do a more detailed write up later but my funds are that the DAS Bamboo are the best for the money ($159) and they shoot almost just as good as the dryad epics which only have a little less vibration (less mass weight) but are 3 times the price. The worst were the javaman limbs which I thought were going to be stellar for $600. I was so disappointed that I returned them.

RCL

WKR
I agree to stay away from the super cheap limbs.
Lots of good choices.
I have a set of Dryad and have been completely satisfied.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I shot the dryad Epics for a while just sold them as I am going to stick with my recurves and I have a Holm made Goshawk 66 inch Longbow I really like alot when I shoot longbow. Otherwise Ive been mostly doing recurve shooting. my most recent purchase that is an amazing bow is a Border Covert hunter. Super fast recurve that is amazing technology. I tried the LB ILF and it just did not feel the same as my 1 piece longbow

Tartan

WKR
I have a set of dryad lbx on the way to pair up with my wf19.

can’t comment much till I get them in hand. But really looking forward to trying them out.

Kentucky

WKR
I love ILF longbow limbs..but a ILF longbow limbs on a metal riser IS NOT the same as a wood cut to center longbow..

Metal riser gives you the ease of tune and forgiveness, limbs give you quietness and the linear draw..

I second the DAS LB limbs for best bang for buck..

Beendare

WKR
I love ILF longbow limbs..but a ILF longbow limbs on a metal riser IS NOT the same as a wood cut to center longbow..

Metal riser gives you the ease of tune and forgiveness, limbs give you quietness and the linear draw..

I second the DAS LB limbs for best bang for buck..
Yeah, an ILF longbow is much different than a one piece custom.

Mine shot great accuracy wise and tune wise, but if I was hunting with a long bow it would be a one piece Custom.

Kentucky

WKR
Yeah, an ILF longbow is much different than a one piece custom.

Mine shot great accuracy wise and tune wise, but if I was hunting with a long bow it would be a one piece Custom.

Agreed, I just sold my ILF longbow for that reason.. I’m down to a das 17” with some high end carbon woods, and a JK traditions 58” RD longbow..

OP
Jdoc

Jdoc

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you everyone for all the input. I ended up finding a set of morrison longbow limbs that i am really enjoying and may hunt with. I want to try the sky limbs sometime and like the idea of a two piece take down bow. This is a big change from shooting super curves so we will see i guess.

Bryceo29

FNG
I have had 4 different ilf longbow limbs thus far. A set of tradtech wood/ glass limbs made by Samick. 3 rivers DAS bamboo limbs, Dryad Epics, and Javaman Double Carbon limbs. All were in that 50lb range, the tradtech were longs and the rest xl.

I can do a more detailed write up later but my funds are that the DAS Bamboo are the best for the money ($159) and they shoot almost just as good as the dryad epics which only have a little less vibration (less mass weight) but are 3 times the price. The worst were the javaman limbs which I thought were going to be stellar for $600. I was so disappointed that I returned them.
I like my dryad’s , they are fast and quiet anc worth the money.

ledflight

WKR
Has anyone found any risers that DON'T seem to like longbow ilf limbs? Is it a limb pad angle? Just ordered some limbs and will be handling risers soon but would like to hear others' exp - thanks!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
My Bivouac Backland has longbow limbs, I don't know what the hell I'm doing though so I can't really tell you if they are good or not.

Kentucky

WKR
Has anyone found any risers that DON'T seem to like longbow ilf limbs? Is it a limb pad angle? Just ordered some limbs and will be handling risers soon but would like to hear others' exp - thanks!
The higher the limb pad angle the higher the BH will need to be to keep them from “noodling”.

Last edited:

bobinmi

WKR
My Bivouac Backland has longbow limbs, I don't know what the hell I'm doing though so I can't really tell you if they are good or not.
Those are essentially Sky archery longbow limbs. Anything Jim Belcher makes is top notch. I would be so bold as to say that his LB ILF limbs are the gold standard by which others are judged. (only because centaur stopped making ILF limbs)

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Those are essentially Sky archery longbow limbs. Anything Jim Belcher makes is top notch. I would be so bold as to say that his LB ILF limbs are the gold standard by which others are judged. (only because centaur stopped making ILF limbs)

It’s a killer bow, I’m not even a very good trad shooter but this bow really seems to be great.

ledflight

WKR
I have been shooting Dryad longbow ILF limbs for a few weeks now on a Gillo Ghost riser. I am enjoying the setup - especially the improved accuracy from the heavy in the hand riser.
The speed is however a lot slower than my other longbow at the same draw weight, an A&H.
I see the Dryad ACS longbow limb selection is currently limited but I think that's all part of the Stalker acquisition getting production up and running.
I know speed isn't what we chase in trad but a flatter trajectory with a heavier arrow is good hunting stuff.

GilG

FNG
I have used DAS bamboo xl LB limbs on my Dryad Epic15 riser and TT LB large limbs(1st gen) by Samick. The das felt smoother but had to crank the bolts all the way in. Didn't like them though so I stuck with my TT BF Extremes.