ILF riser for a do it all bow

Hi all,

Bowfishing was recently made legal in my area so I'm thinking of building a rig to get into that and save having to drill into my nice wooden bows. On top of that, I'm looking at getting much more involved in my local archery club as they elected me President recently and I want to start going to a few shoots in my area.

So the idea is get an ILF riser so I can have some light limbs for bowfishing and then some medium power limbs for hunting and club work.

Currently have a Black Widow PCH riser with 65# @ 28 and 54# @ 28 limbs (I pull just over 60# and 50# with these limbs I am assuming) as well as an ASL that's 65# @ 26.5in, Bodnik Hunter that's 45# @ 28in and Bodnik Quick Stick that's 35# @ 28in. Will likely sell the two Bodniks as well as the ILF rig will do the jobs that they do for me anyway. Need to free up some space.

Risers I'm thinking about are Bivouac Backland, Win and Win Black Wolf, and then anything else that is suggested here. I know these risers are fairly small and not specifically for club work but my primary goal really is hunting and it'll just be nice to have a 'range rig' as well.

Will likely get limbs that are somewhere between 45#-50# at my draw length (26.5-27in) for the club and hunting and then something in the 30# range for the carp stuff.

Are there any other risers I should be considering, or reasons why I should go one over the other? The Backland is getting talked about a bit at the moment and I really like the idea of supporting that company. I also like that they make nice limbs and some of their longbow limbs with a camo pattern on them get me excited for the bigger jobs and then I will just get some generic limbs for the bowfishing.

Ideas, concerns, considerations - discuss.

Cheers.

I think the Hoyt Satori is a pretty popular platform than you could find for a hell of a deal. It is much higher quality than a samick or something cheap but not easier to find used and cheap than a W&W is (probably) going to be.

I’m a newb and interested to see where you end up. I have read up on here and another forum to get set up.
I’m fortunate to have a friend point me in the right direction on getting set up for hunting.
I started with a galaxy salvo. It was great but I really didn’t care for the grip and jaeger does not make one for it.
Started with glass wood TT limbs
I now have carbon limbs in 2 weights.
Hunting and practice/ back up.
Riser is nowTrad Tech Titan. It’s heavier than your listed risers.
Good reviews and will perform as well as my abilities allow it.
The Satori , backland and black wolf are all highly capable.
I’ve only shot a satori from that list. Nice option

Last edited:

Kentucky

WKR
I’ve owned both.. both are great risers, the Bivouac has less deflex and will be better suited for longbow limbs. I sold both of mine and went back to a DAS gen2. That’s the metal riser for me. You can’t go wrong with either of those.

and Goat is right, a boat bow gets beat up a lot… mine does anyway..

OP
W
Thanks for the insight fellas.

I think I'm leaning towards a cheapy ILF for the bowfishing stuff and then I'll still look at a Backland for my club/hunting bow for some fun. The camp longbow limbs look great.

nevadabugle

WKR
Classified Approved
Pick up a old used hoyt Dorado or gamemaster for a bowfishing rig. Dirt cheap and all you have to do is switch out the bushing on an ILF limb to fit.

Or just buy a Satori or DAS of your choosing and switch ILF limbs back and forth.