Ilf riser recommendations

Looking to get a ilf setup under $700 I have a draw length of 29 inches and am aiming for 45-50 lbs of draw weight .... I’ve been looking at the tradtech bm limbs and the tradtech titan 2 .... any other nice risers out there you guys recommend ?

qwerksc

WKR
Aluminum, I’ve been shooting a few, now, I’m shooting a dryad ul hunter, it’s a shooter.
Cd wf19 or 21 next, a little more weight, I shoot a lot of targets and foam, a little heavier bow would be nice.

dlee56

WKR
In your price range you could make a pretty incredible bow with a new or used Satori riser. There are a lot of great ILF risers out there and all cater to different individual needs/wants but for someone just getting in the game the Satori is a "old reliable" middle ground.

OP
Joshuajosh
TT riser is fantastic. You can regularly find them used for about 250 bucks. Best inexpensive limbs I’ve seen are the WNS carbon foam or carbon wood for under $200 at Alt services. those limbs will give you fast smooth performance at a fraction of the cost of a comparable limb.
What’s the difference between a 17” and 19 “ riser ? I like the looks of the 17 more and will be at the length I want with long limbs

dlee56

WKR
What’s the difference between a 17” and 19 “ riser ? I like the looks of the 17 more and will be at the length I want with long limbs
19" riser may add more stability and be more forgiving at full draw. Also a shorter bow means you're putting more flex in the limbs at full draw. It all depends on personal comfort.

I can't recommend enough to go try some bows out at a shop. When I first started I had my heart set on a 17" riser, 62" bow but after a day at the shop I was in love with a 19" riser 64" bow.

There's the argument that a shorter bow is easier to maneuver in hunting situations but lets be honest you're still toting around a +/- 5' long piece of equipment and its going to be inconvenient whether its 60" long or 64" long.

OP
Joshuajosh
19" riser may add more stability and be more forgiving at full draw. Also a shorter bow means you're putting more flex in the limbs at full draw. It all depends on personal comfort.

I can't recommend enough to go try some bows out at a shop. When I first started I had my heart set on a 17" riser, 62" bow but after a day at the shop I was in love with a 19" riser 64" bow.

There's the argument that a shorter bow is easier to maneuver in hunting situations but lets be honest you're still toting around a +/- 5' long piece of equipment and its going to be inconvenient whether its 60" long or 64" long.
Yeah I’ll have to see what I want in person then if possible and year I don’t think 4 inches would change a lot when it comes to shooting out of a stand or anything like that

bobinmi

WKR
Used satori, black wolf, morrison, they are all basically the equivalent. Then go to Rcore and order a grip. Put a set of WNS limbs on and spray paint them. ta daa.

This is the setup I'm running. Comes in at a little over $700 but you can just go down a tier or two on limbs if it's a hard stop at $700. I personally have owned a Satori and a shot a number of other ILF risers and for the money the discovery is not hard, but impossible to beat. R-core makes grips for the discovery, and their low wrist (compound like) grip just takes this riser to another level. I have a 27" draw, shoot short 45#R19 Uukha Irbis limbs, cranked all the way down on my riser comes in at 55# at my 27" draw and a 58" bow. I'm shooting 30" 300 spine Easton Axis arrows with 200gr up front off of a springy rest. The things a speed demon and I wouldn't set it up any other way.

Uukha Irbis limbs ($546): https://www.alternativess.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/0042564.4.16531512252734761978/U18IRB

Samick Discovery Riser 17inch ($224): https://www.alternativess.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/0042564.6.12328837130834761978/SAMDISR20

Total: $770