I’ll Pack an Alpacka Packraft ***Review Added 10/4/20***

In Washington we seem to be required to have a life jacket, whistle or horn, and if operating around dark a light. They seem to use the HIN (hull ID number) as a way to try and differentiate water toys(pool toys) from actual boats. We have to have those items for kayaks, SUP's, canoes, rafts, ect..... Most if not all of those craft tend to have HIN's on them and thus aren't a "water toy".
I fully expect you'd not win the argument with an officer that it was a water toy since it doesn't have a HIN. They don't seem to care about the water depth, temperature, ect....

Was just curious what folks were using. I have a few kayak vests that are fairly light and compact. Could also be a camp/glassing seat on the hunt.

OP
Howard Mee

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another update. We spent 3 days and 2 nights on the river. The ranger carried almost everything: 3 tents, 6 sleeping bags, 6 ground pads, 6 bags of clothes, 6 towels, foldable camp table, and more miscellaneous stuff.

The zipper kept splitting open on the initial setup here at the house. I bought some zipper lubricant and that solved the problem.

I also made the mistake of storing the raft over winter with the valves in the open position. It took a while for the valves to “relearn” the closed position.

There were no problems on the float trip. Lots of unskilled kids played in the raft with zero problems!

75afe21f04604d1b7c4756e1b11e61f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk