I’ll Wa

OR Archer

WKR
I respect Dan but some of the things he does and says leaves me scratching my head in disbelief

gelton

WKR
When you are shooting a "hybrid" maybe the frontal shot wasn't an option? Fixed head I would have taken that frontal all day.

I think that is very likely a waiting for the cameraman to give you the ok that he has the shot.

Hunting on film is a lot different than just hunting.

BDRam16

WKR
Definitely would have let one fly frontal. Thinking maybe the bottom of his head was hanging low and covering his chest? hard to tell with eh tree in the way.

Yoteassasin

Lil-Rokslider
Ugh .... the first 3 steps in to the clearing he had a great shot . Frontals are definitely a pain . Hard quartering is almost my favorite shot .. lots of soft tissue right into the boiler room. being that close is an awesome feeling

Geewhiz

WKR
I’ve personally have had some bad experiences with frontal shots. Can’t say I wouldn’t have done anything differently

Jimbob

WKR
Who here has shot a moose with a frontal shot?

The structure of a moose is so different than a deer/elk that it makes it very hard.

I had the exact same experience with a moose and at 12 yds there was no way to take a frontal, his head was covering all the way down to his brisket. When he took a step to his left I took a hard quartering shot and he was down in 20 yds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
I think that is very likely a waiting for the cameraman to give you the ok that he has the shot.

Hunting on film is a lot different than just hunting.
Yeah, thats True and those moose have huge heads so it could be Dan had a different window than what we see.

Armchair QB’ing is easy, Im not criticizing just bring it up as a learning experience. I’ve seen this many times and shooting at a turning animal always sounds easier than it actually is.

An animal walking in a straight line is fairly easy to lead them at close range.... not so with a turning animal.