I'm a Dad!!!!

Congrats! I’ve got a boy and two girls. 9, 6, and 3. Girls are so dramatic about everything but you love them even more because of it! Lol I made special trips to the store just to buy puff Cheetos for them and my wife just laughs and rolls her eyes at me. 🤣

Yall seriously thank you for the the kinds words. I was not expecting this kind of response!
It's been a roller coster already. Shes in the NICU now but she's making great progress and hopefully will be released in a few day to week.
Looks like she’s in good hands. She will be off CPAP before you know it. Hope her and momma are good! She’s got you already, as a daddies girl! She will never be this little again. Enjoy

TheGDog

WKR
Congratulations Man!

Ugh... I remember my mind was racing like a Million mph when my boy was being born, since Mama had to do a C-section. So I had to be there for her as well... had to be fretting about both of them! Watching her like a Hawk... watching their faces for any sign of concern, etc.

He was in there all sidways-with-the-doors-open too. So they had to do a lot of man-handling to re-orient him within her to be able to then pull him out! Yikes!

I can remember the exact moment they extracted him from her and there was no crying yet... time stood still and I'm all like thinking to myself "C'Mon....C'Mon.... why am I not hearing him cry yet?...." as they're walking him over to that lil table where they see to sucking out the boogers from nose and throat and cleaning 'em off and stuff. And then when the cries begun, how it was such a huge relief and I could slump down and relax a little finally.

Get ready brother. Mama's gon' need you big time right now.

OP
HuntInWild88
Congratulations Man!

Ugh... I remember my mind was racing like a Million mph when my boy was being born, since Mama had to do a C-section. So I had to be there for her as well... had to be fretting about both of them! Watching her like a Hawk... watching their faces for any sign of concern, etc.

He was in there all sidways-with-the-doors-open too. So they had to do a lot of man-handling to re-orient him within her to be able to then pull him out! Yikes!

I can remember the exact moment they extracted him from her and there was no crying yet... time stood still and I'm all like thinking to myself "C'Mon....C'Mon.... why am I not hearing him cry yet?...." as they're walking him over to that lil table where they see to sucking out the boogers from nose and throat and cleaning 'em off and stuff. And then when the cries begun, how it was such a huge relief and I could slump down and relax a little finally.

Get ready brother. Mama's gon' need you big time right now.
Yeah lucky my wife didn't have to have a c-section. But our little one got stuck.. when she did finally come out she wasn't crying, just grunting.. I was just happy to hear noise.. then the NICU team took her and put a CPAP on her..I followed them over to the NICU leaving momma behind..come to find out while I was at the NICU learning everything I could about what was going on. My wife crashed.. luckily it was just blood super and a nurse bought a coke with her own money because she new getting one from the Cafe would take too long..
Tomorrow will be two weeks..mom is doing great! Still sore in her neather regions (stitches) but over all doing good.
Harper(baby) is also doing great. Was on the CPAP for about a weak and the blue light for just a few days past that. Shes still in the NICU..all we are waiting for is for her to feed enough on her own with out needing the tube to be sent home.. she's currently taking about 35% on her own and needs to be in the 70-80% area..Hopefully not too much longer!

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Don't really have a family left other then my in-laws. So I just wanted to tell the world I became a dad today to a beautiful baby girl. View attachment 265808
I can't wait for the adventures to come!!

Congratulations. Girls are awesome and tones of fun. Looks like she is having a rough start, I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

Ok, skimmed the rest of the post to find yours. Glad everything is going well. NICU is hard, but it sounds like she is doing well. My oldest got to go home right away, but the two weeks leading up to delivery where very stressful as she stopped growing appropriately and it was clear something was wrong (still not sure what) she is still small, but healthy and quite the fireball at 3 years old (today). My heart goes out to you and your wife.

At the risk of sounding cliché, remember to take care of yourself and make sure your wife does the same. Also, make an effort to take care of your relationship. As awesome as kids are, they can consume your attention and it becomes easy to neglect the little things that keep a relationship working well. Children are one of those things that stretch's our capacity, they are an excellent opportunity to improve ourselves, but like everything worth having, it does not always come easy.

Again, congratulations. Hope you don't mind my pontificating.

I prayed for sons until my daughters (two) arrived. Signed, sealed, delivered—Nothing else to want. Try to tell her daily how awesome she is. Whether our girls grow empowered, or hindered, largely depends on our words and actions. Enjoy the ride. And it WILL be a ride. Congrats, sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WCB

WKR
Congrats! My first turns two in May and #2 is scheduled to be born the day after her birthday. Word of advice do not wish them to grow any faster than they already do. The past 22 months have flown by with our daughter. But, they get more and more fun every month and sometimes weekly. Before you know she will be terrorizing the house enjoy the non-mobile stage but once they are out of it you will never really wish it back (even though you will think it everyday).

Jbxl20

WKR
Glad to hear everyone is on the upside. My wife had the same experience with delivering our second child (our daughter!) She lost a lot blood and her blood pressure dropped. Lots of emotions during childbirth for mom and dad. You will be chasing her around the house soon enough!

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildmeadows