I'm calling out CPW, change my mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
High fire danger doesn't always mean a fire is close. It's for conditions that if a fire started it would spread rapidly.

Given that several of the fires in Co right now were started by people I understand the concern. Plenty of examples from bow season of people not listening to the fire ban.

Fires happen, period. Keeping the public from public lands because a fire "could" start is bullshit.
Well most of us along the front range don't share your opinion. We're fighting the largest fire in Colorado HISTORY PERIOD

Colorado native born and raised on the front range and I have never seen my entire life seen fire season this bad - Sorry not sorry screw your passions this is where we live these are our homes these are our wildlife this is our lifestyle.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Vandy321

WKR
Look how easily folks will let their freedoms be eroded in the name of "safety".

Build on the coast, hurricanes are a threat
Build in the forrest, fires are a threat

Is that really news to you? Or did you accept that risk when you built a home on the front range?

It's hard to see but that's a 1/16 of an inch layer of ash in my backyard. This was pictured 3 days ago before The Granby Fire exploded from 25,000 acres to 100,000 acres in one day.

that orange hue you see in the sky isn't clouds That's a steady stream of smoke that was "snowing ash" on us.

The fire is visible from the Stanley hotel in downtown Estes and when I say visible I don't mean faint firelight - just like you witnessed in California, a hillside burning right behind a Stanley hotel.

You guys can have a hunting season next year we need to get this s*** fixed.

Cameron peak's fires been burning for over two solid months.
606ce9c4d777c184cfe93001c3a6d034.jpg
bdc9f0afc17e54955efb28fbb0d69eba.jpg

Look how easily folks will let their freedoms be eroded in the name of "safety".

Build on the coast, hurricanes are a threat
Build in the forrest, fires are a threat

Is that really news to you? Or did you accept that risk when you built a home on the front range?
We don't live anywhere near the forest. we're basically like Denver but further north completely on the plains.

Quit crying about losing a hunting season for christ sake.

Show some pity god dammit. There are people that lost their entire livelihood in the city of Estes right now.

You're shaking my head can't believe some of this crap you guys post here.

This isn't a politicized event this is a tragedy show some decency - be a real human.

Vandy321

WKR
Stay inside Gilligan, wear your mask Gilligan, dont go in the woods Gilligan...be a good boy, Gilligan.

The OPs post referenced several NFs closed that have ZERO fires burning in them. Zip, nada. zilch. I have no problem shutting down access to areas actually affected by fires. Dont give me your BS guilt trip by trying to say that because I oppose arbitrarily closing down NFs that I somehow don't feel for those who have been effected by tragedy.

Stay inside Gilligan, wear your mask Gilligan, dont go in the woods Gilligan...be a good boy, Gilligan.

The OPs post referenced several NFs closed that have ZERO fires burning in them. Zip, nada. zilch. I have no problem shutting down access to areas actually affected by fires. Dont give me your BS guilt trip by trying to say that because I oppose arbitrarily closing down NFs that I somehow don't feel for those who have been effected by tragedy.
It's like gambling with other people's money you a******.

you probably aren't from the state so you have no steak and what happens

Bighorner

WKR
What type of resources do think are available to fight the next big fire? Are you going to head up there and defend your forest and freedoms when additional engines and crews are not avaible? Asking for a friend.

What type of resources do think are available to fight the next big fire? Are you going to head up there and defend your forest and freedoms when additional engines and crews are not avaible? Asking for a friend.
I assume this is directed at that idiot vandy?

I humbly suggest to save your breath. Mr entitled there is a real piece of filth.

crying about losing a hunting season......
Good riddance

Bighorner

WKR
It was. I found that pretty disrespectful to the men and women working their butts off. Those are the folks that are not getting a hunting season. I get it, it's there job, but show those people some respect. You guys all have a nice day.

Here is my take, I'd rather they temporarily close a few areas that are at high risk. I'd rather my share of the tax dollars be used to pay someone to lock some gates than to fight fires that were started by ignorance. It might be half a percent of hunters that are the problem, but they are out there.

I found that pretty disrespectful to the men and women working their butts off. Those are the folks that are not getting a hunting season. I get it, it's there job, but show those people some respect. You guys all have a nice day.

Thanks for this post. I'm one of the people who's had to cancel two hunting trips with buddies because of the fire season that will not stop. I will not be able to hunt a day with 2 of my tags this year, but would rather be saving people's livelihoods, especially when resources are getting burnt out on a long season and not many are available this time of year. I've had 6 paid days off since early September. That's it.

These fires are not going to go out with this snow and people will be out on assignment for at least the next month in Colorado.

jspradley

WKR
Last time I checked I can't go off into the woods, make a stupid mistake and cause a hurricane.

Yeah it sucks that folks' hunts are getting cancelled, I'd be super let down too but as was already stated the state doesn't have the resources to fight another fire so yeah, hunting is a privilege and there are times when that has to be restricted. Sucks but time to put on our big boy panties and deal with it.

The "muh freedoms" crowd seems to forget the corollary to that- responsibility. Then again that's all part of the regression of Americans to a state of perpetual adolescence so it's to be expected...

MattB

WKR
Do people not understand that the majority of fires are man-caused, that certain weather conditions increase the potential for fires to start/easier to spread/harder to fight, and the extent of fires that are already burning limit the state's ability to address any new ones that may crop up?

Bringing masks into this is nothing short of adolescent.

Vandy321

WKR
I assume this is directed at that idiot vandy?

I humbly suggest to save your breath. Mr entitled there is a real piece of filth.

crying about losing a hunting season......
Good riddance

I didn't lose a hunting season. But I have lost my home to a natural disaster, have you?..Doubt it. We lost the majority of the homes in town actually. So don't lecture me about empathy. You just want to guilt trip and name call.

Fires are a natural and sometimes unnatural part of life. We can disagree on what may or may not be effective ways to deal with that risk. I personally think that shutting down NFs that are NOT burning is a slippery slope for our future.

My fix, instead of closures...I would like to see more resources devoted to forrest management, better enforcement of burn bans, stiffer penalties for those in violation, etc.

More regulations/closures are not always the answer...More enforcement of current regulations could be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.