im in need of a new backcountry mattress.

Eric-solo

FNG
I'm in need of a new backcountry mattress. looking at the neo-air xtherm. any bad reviews on this thing? onother option to look at?
weight vs comfort I'll choose comfort.

500000KV

Lil-Rokslider
Tagging in, considering a new one as well. Comfort over weight, plus the llamas will be carrying mine. lol

Jimss

WKR
I sleep like a baby on my Neo-air! I've taken mine on week trips in Alaska and elsewhere and it's always performed well. Mine is the older model. The only complaint I ever heard was that the old model was noisy....which never bothered me. If you are a big person or need more room I'd get one that is a little wider? Everyone is a little different but boy I love mine!

Yeah, I'll echo what Jimss said. I've been using X-lite's and XTherm's exclusively now for over 7 years and have absolutely no complaints. I even bought a used one several years ago, and quickly discovered that it had a small leak. I tried everything to find and repair the leak, but in the end I was unsuccessful, so I called Thermarest and explained the situation. They promptly sent me a brand new pad, even though I explained to them that I had bought it used. Great pads from a great company, as far as I'm concerned.

OP
Eric-solo

Eric-solo

FNG
I sleep like a baby on my Neo-air! I've taken mine on week trips in Alaska and elsewhere and it's always performed well. Mine is the older model. The only complaint I ever heard was that the old model was noisy....which never bothered me. If you are a big person or need more room I'd get one that is a little wider? Everyone is a little different but boy I love mine!
he noise might help drown out my snoring?
Yeah, I'll echo what Jimss said. I've been using X-lite's and XTherm's exclusively now for over 7 years and have absolutely no complaints. I even bought a used one several years ago, and quickly discovered that it had a small leak. I tried everything to find and repair the leak, but in the end I was unsuccessful, so I called Thermarest and explained the situation. They promptly sent me a brand new pad, even though I explained to them that I had bought it used. Great pads from a great company, as far as I'm concerned.
that's the kind of service I'm looking for!

I've tested 7-8 over the last year, including Xtherm, Xlite, etc. By far, bar none, my Exped is most comfortable. 4 season. Worth a bit more weight. Xtherm wasn't comfortable on my back. I still use it for side sleeping which means above freezing due to the type of bag or quilt I use in warmer weather.

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
I love my neoair Xtherm for backpacking.

I have an Exped megamat for car camping and it's even better. It's 10x the size of the Xtherm, but if your llamas have the real estate, it would be totally worth it.

grfox92

WKR
Nemo Tensor Insulated field pad. I've had mine for 3 years and it's very comfy and tough.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
Eric-solo

Eric-solo

FNG
I love my neoair Xtherm for backpacking.

I have an Exped megamat for car camping and it's even better. It's 10x the size of the Xtherm, but if your llamas have the real estate, it would be totally worth it.
trouble is... I'm the Llama

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I've tested 7-8 over the last year, including Xtherm, Xlite, etc. By far, bar none, my Exped is most comfortable. 4 season. Worth a bit more weight. Xtherm wasn't comfortable on my back. I still use it for side sleeping which means above freezing due to the type of bag or quilt I use in warmer weather.

I also like my exped. I have an xterm (I think that’s what it is) but I find the coed stuff is compact enough and quite comfortable. If I was going just for comfort I’d get a sea to summit comfort plus, they are a bit heavy but man that are comfortable.

shbush09

FNG
I'm in need of a new backcountry mattress. looking at the neo-air xtherm. any bad reviews on this thing? onother option to look at?
weight vs comfort I'll choose comfort.
I picked up a bro xtherm yet and like the feel of it from some backyard camping with the kids. Looking forward to using it in the mountain this fall.

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
I just purchased an Exped 10 LXW mat for my base camp and for my backpack I run the BA AXL Insulated(at 3.5" its perfect for my side sleeping habits)

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I use an X-therm for backpacking and find it comfortable. My Exped mats are more comfortable, but not enough to be worth the weight increase for a pad of comparable R value and construction.

I use an Xtherm year round with zero complaints. Other than waiting around to find one on sale there’s no reason I know to not buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk