I'm in the short rows

keep

Lil-Rokslider
Two weeks from today I'll be in transit to my goat hunt. This is my first true mtn hunt and I'm stoked up. Spent the night out a time or two but never carried enough for 5-7 days. For the past 2 years I've been going over and over my list trying to get prepped and as of Sunday, I'm ready.

I'm extremely jealous man... Good luck to you! I hope you have been preparing and getting in shape and are ready to hit the hills like a beast!

Mike

OP
keep

keep

Lil-Rokslider
I'm extremely jealous man... Good luck to you! I hope you have been preparing and getting in shape and are ready to hit the hills like a beast!

Mike
Been trying. I've lost 25# and probably in the best shape since my mid-20s. Being a flatlander, I'm sure that's not enough but it's damn sure a sight better than it was 1 year ago.

Maxhunter

WKR
Good luck! Mountain Goat hunting is something I wish every hunter could try.

I shot this great goat last fall in BC. Hopefully you'll get an opportunity like I did!

Attachments

• Goat 1.jpg
    Goat 1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 79

shanevg

WKR
I am also extremely jealous. Mountain goat hunting is my dream! Have fun and enjoy every minute of the hunt. What guide are you using? Are you hunting archery or rifle?

Maxhunter that is a GREAT goat. What did he score?

OP
keep

keep

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck! Mountain Goat hunting is something I wish every hunter could try.

I shot this great goat last fall in BC. Hopefully you'll get an opportunity like I did!
I've seen your picture with that goat many time. Speechless, is the best description. Great Goat

OP
keep

keep

Lil-Rokslider
I am also extremely jealous. Mountain goat hunting is my dream! Have fun and enjoy every minute of the hunt. What guide are you using? Are you hunting archery or rifle?

I'm going with Babine Outfitters in BC. I will bow hunt.

This is working out to be a special trip, my family is going and staying at the lodge while I go up the mtn. Then, if/ when I get done, we get to hang out and fish and show my young kids why I enjoy hunting away from TX. Although my 13yr old daughter has been hasseling me to bring her bow so she could shoot something.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Good luck Keep!!! I look forward to your report. As someone going to chase goats this fall I can certainly share your excitement, but my hunt is much further away then yours. Certainly keep us posted.

Max, that is a DANDY goat for sure and with a bow......fantastic!!!

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck Keep. Region 6 has some crankers thats forsure!! I drew a kootenay no motor vehicle access goat for this fall and i am beyond stoked!

Lorne

OP
keep

keep

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. I'll get the story on here as soon as I get back in. Many hunts the last two weeks before the hunt seems to drag out, the days are flying by on this one for some reason. Probably because I'm not caught up at work or the house.

"Although my 13yr old daughter has been hasseling me to bring her bow so she could shoot something. Keep". My friend thats a good problem to have... Good luck, I drew a goat tag this year as well so I'm stoked too! Goodluck, Mike

Maxhunter

WKR

He score 49 something! My taxi just got done with my full mount here's a picture!

Attachments

• Goat Mount.jpg
    Goat Mount.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 51
OP
keep

keep

Lil-Rokslider
It's close now, Monday. (not that I'm counting) Focusing on work is getting more and more difficult.