I'm looking for a good telescopic fishing rod

As my name implies, I'm new to the sport lifestyle of hunting/harvesting. I need me a good fishing rod recommendation, something American made preferably, none of that cheap Chinese made crap please. I'm willing to spend the coin as long as it's gonna pull me in some nice size bass without breaking, something small enough to stow in a backpack for a day trip along the river with a couple of lures. Thank you

Not going to find a decent telescopic rod in America harldy, much less one American made. Your best bet will be to look JDM (Japanese domestic market), they have some nicer high end ones. Pretty much every telescopic rod in American is crap. Otherwise typically a normal multipiece rod performs better but you loose the convenience.

Tenkara Bum/Finesse-fishing imports fishing gear from japan. You might see what they’ve got

Last edited:
If you're open to fly fishing a normal 4 piece fly rod fits on the side of most packs nicely. I started fly fishing specifically for what you're talking about, packable rod for river fishing bass. It's a shit ton of fun! Alvin Dedeaux, a full-time bass and redfish fly guide out of Texas, has some great videos on bass fly setups. Just give him a search on the ole YouTube.

I’ve got a diawa presso that is pretty sweet, but a little light for average bass tactics. The diawa spinmatic is good as well. For a more “normal” bass action rod diawa makes the ardito, and I think megabass and shimano make some good travel rods as well. For top of the line, Gloomis made a line of travel rods but I think they may be discontinued.

hunt1up

WKR
St. Croix has a really nice 4 piece travel rod. They make a lot of rods in the USA but their cheaper lines are made in Mexico. Their travel Triumph rods are made in Mexico I believe. Better than China I suppose.

Travis907

WKR
Definitely look into Engima fishing!! They have telescopic rods called the Pack Master series that are high quality! I own one and love it! I have used it from bass fishing in Indiana to catching reds in Florida. You won’t be disappointed!