I'm looking for sleeping pads for 3rd season Colorado hunt for son and I Best bang for the buck on a budget. We both have 0 degree Down bags ?

My favorite is the Xped Downmat XP9. This mat has down fill in which the insulation value is high yet it seems to regulate the temp better than others I have tried. It does weigh a little more than others but its due to the material used which helps with it not sounding like your sleeping on a plastic bag. I cant handle the loud crinkling sound every time I move!

Matt G.

WKR
The klymat insulated r value is listed as 4 but i saw somewhere is was tested at 1.4. I have it and it was cold for me and will be getting something else.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

oldillini

Lil-Rokslider
I have an older (6 years) Exped Synmat 7 with the internal pump I would let go of for $50 TYD. Just don't need it anymore.

It has the internal pump (not Schnozzel pump bag). Used on a total of 20 nights, all on cots, never on the ground. R-value ~4.8.

AkRyan

WKR
I don't trust the inflatable pads and won't use them backpacking. They are very warm and comfortable and pack up small but having a leak in one can be a serious problem. I take a full length z-rest for camp and a 1/2 length as my ass pad. For sleeping the 1/2 length goes on top of the full length giving me 2 layers from hips to shoulders. The z-rest foam pads are bulky but don't weigh anything.

Patch kits are small

sneaky

"DADDY"
The S2S Ether Lite XT Xtreme is far more comfortable than any Exped pad I've tried, and doesn't have a history of blowing baffles like the Expeds do. Heavy though, the Xtherm for weight to warmth ratio just can't be beat. Several manufacturers have taken to using reflective film in their pads to achieve better R value, and claim theirs are quiet. Any pad with film in it is going to be noisier than an insulated pad that uses traditional insulation. Trade off for lighter weight is noise.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rbljack

WKR
im following this one as well. I thinking about going with the Exped downmat UL Winter Long/Wide. Not the lightest pad out there...but still has R value of 7 and 32 oz total weight if im reading the specs correctly

Jbxl20

WKR
The S2S Ether Lite XT Xtreme is far more comfortable than any Exped pad I've tried, and doesn't have a history of blowing baffles like the Expeds do. Heavy though, the Xtherm for weight to warmth ratio just can't be beat. Several manufacturers have taken to using reflective film in their pads to achieve better R value, and claim theirs are quiet. Any pad with film in it is going to be noisier than an insulated pad that uses traditional insulation. Trade off for lighter weight is noise.

I have the sea to summit etherlite extreme xt. I’ve only used it a few nights this past December on a deer hunt, but I was happy with it. 4” thick and 6.2 r Value. I have the 25” wide version. It does take up a lot more room than my early season pad. A long/wide big Agnes axl.

Attachments

• FB3F915D-D4E3-4ECA-8705-3DB1FDFF2863.jpeg
    FB3F915D-D4E3-4ECA-8705-3DB1FDFF2863.jpeg
    357.8 KB · Views: 25

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have the sea to summit etherlite extreme xt. I’ve only used it a few nights this past December on a deer hunt, but I was happy with it. 4” thick and 6.2 r Value. I have the 25” wide version. It does take up a lot more room than my early season pad. A long/wide big Agnes axl.
Yep it's a lot bulkier than my Xtherms and Xlites. Great pad though.

rbljack

WKR
I will look into that one as well....thanks! The one im replacing is a sea to summit...its a three season pad though and wasnt as think as that one is listing.

Tipps

FNG
Not sure if you’ve looked at em, but the Nemo quasar pads are great. I don’t think they’re cheap, but I was very impressed on some bad cold nights this past season, and I was running a quilt.

bwlacy

WKR
Following this thread.

Anyone use the Paria Recharge XL? Seems like a really good value. I can't seem to find much bad on the internet about it.