“I’m new here... it’s my first day!”

“I’m new here... it’s my first day!”

Was a thing we used to say back in the military, usually whenever we screwed something up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I think it might be a Simpsons reference.

Anyways, checking in from the Northeast - been a lurker for maybe 2 or 3 years - usually about gear. Fan of Kuiu, Eberlestock, Kifaru, Hill People Gear, and “hammocks and hammock accessories, I tell you what”. Also fall into the “idiot outdoorsman“ category, meaning I know enough to know I’m not good at much (knots, layering, navigation, etc), haha.

Tndude

FNG
Welcome. I’m new too. Trying to figure out how to start my own thread. I drew a New Mexico unit 29/30 tag. Any help on the thread or area is greatly appreciated!

OP
Mas Grey Monster
Welcome. I’m new too. Trying to figure out how to start my own thread. I drew a New Mexico unit 29/30 tag. Any help on the thread or area is greatly appreciated!
I think it’s a matter of selecting the forum topic (be it the FNG or an area specific - I have explored that far yet) and looking for the “Post Thread” option / button. Good luck!

OP
Mas Grey Monster
Welcome and Joe Dirt come to my mind when I hear that phrase.

Haha, I haven’t seen it myself, but that’s certainly a good possibility! (We were all saying it in the 2002 - 2003 timeframe, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s where it started.)

This was what I had in mind:

I'm also new, coming from the far east in PA. Hoping to head out west in the next year or two to do some mule deer hunting so thought I should start snooping around now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk