I’m not much into politics, but man this burns my a**

Halleywood

Lil-Rokslider
You should fact check your comment....and see the actual....and who is profiting.

There are big money Oligarch's in Russia too....so its a good system?
_______

To your other comment about Kids....I said "Poor choices" ...I wasn't blaming it all on the kids....

No need to fact check. Lots of multinational companies operate over there and make multi-millions. Also I never said communism is a good system. The Oligarch's in Russia are no different than the ones in America, UK, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and all over the world.

You said "IMO, Just another case of blaming someone else for their own poor choices.". I'm saying the blame should be share when an 18 year old KID is getting horrible advice.

Billinsd

WKR
This is exactly what capitalism is about and it's working as intended. All about the dollar and people be damned. Get out of the way or get run over.
There are winners and losers and no participation awards. The incentive to work hard, smart and get ahead has always been what America is about. Capitalism is far from perfect, but infinitely better than any other system on the planet, past or present. The problems I see with Capitalism is government. Government and Captitalism, crony Capitalism is bad. It's the government's fault. Less government, the better. However, some will suffer.... Far less than in a Social state, though. On the other hand how much do you want to take from hard working, successful people to give to the needy? Everyone should have a place to sleep, food, and access to basic medical. How do you all feel about subsidizing people living in the country illegally? It "is" collapsing the country. I'll vote for anyone who is committed to a balanced budget. Cheers Bill

Billinsd

WKR
The Oligarch's in Russia are no different than the ones in America, UK, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and all over the world.
There are similarities, however the societies and governments vary dramatically. The one thing in common is all those countries have super rich powerful people with tremendous power, yes!

Halleywood

Lil-Rokslider
There are winners and losers and no participation awards. The incentive to work hard, smart and get ahead has always been what America is about. Capitalism is far from perfect, but infinitely better than any other system on the planet, past or present. The problems I see with Capitalism is government. Government and Captitalism, crony Capitalism is bad. It's the government's fault. Less government, the better. However, some will suffer.... Far less than in a Social state, though. On the other hand how much do you want to take from hard working, successful people to give to the needy? Everyone should have a place to sleep, food, and access to basic medical. How do you all feel about subsidizing people living in the country illegally? It "is" collapsing the country. I'll vote for anyone who is committed to a balanced budget. Cheers Bill

I had hopes Trump would force a balanced budget...$hit how about a budget AT ALL!!! As far as illegal immigration... i'm against all immigration. There is no need for more people in this country. The politicians say we need immigration to further the economy. I say BS. The economy is propped up by debt and low interest rates. We (government) keep borrowing more from the (Not)Federal Reserve so companies can do stock buybacks.

Business is business is fine, but what about the things that have a value that isn’t monetary?

I haven't read through all the thread....

But it's up to the people to see that value. Shareholders won't. I know plenty of talented amazing people who are earning under their big city value because they choose to live in rural America.

tdhanses

WKR
China is communist right? Well look at all the huge multinational companies operating quite profitably over there. Big benefits of operating under communism. Very cheap labor being a big one.
Big benefits for those in control, would you want any of your family to go over there to work?

tdhanses

WKR
I had hopes Trump would force a balanced budget...$hit how about a budget AT ALL!!! As far as illegal immigration... i'm against all immigration. There is no need for more people in this country. The politicians say we need immigration to further the economy. I say BS. The economy is propped up by debt and low interest rates. We (government) keep borrowing more from the (Not)Federal Reserve so companies can do stock buybacks.

Trump can’t do everything, there are three Arms of our gov that have to work together.

Now on a good note, when the dems impeach him, his first term won’t count so we can vote him in another 8 years so he can keep improving 😂

LostArra

WKR
Who twisted their arm to spend $250k on a Archeology degree that pays $30k a year?

Let's back up. Who decided an Archeology degree is worth $250,000? Answer: The college. And they make this decision without any basis except their cronies at other colleges.

It gets better than Archeology. No one should have to get a student loan for a degree in elementary education but colleges put the same price tag on that degree knowing full well that teachers have to beg or strike to get a pittance of a decent salary.

Halleywood

Lil-Rokslider
Now on a good note, when the dems impeach him, his first term won’t count so we can vote him in another 8 years so he can keep improving 😂

HA HA my guess is this will drag on until November 2020 to try and weaken Trump's standing and will end after the election without a vote. They have absolutely nothing on him. They are simply covering for their crimes...i would take 8 additional years of Trump as long as he burns Washington to the ground by the end.

Halleywood

Lil-Rokslider
Let's back up. Who decided an Archeology degree is worth $250,000? Answer: The college. And they make this decision without any basis except their cronies at other colleges.

It gets better than Archeology. No one should have to get a student loan for a degree in elementary education but colleges put the same price tag on that degree knowing full well that teachers have to beg or strike to get a pittance of a decent salary.

I never thought of it from that angle LostArra, very good point on price setting the degrees.

Halleywood

Lil-Rokslider
Big benefits for those in control, would you want any of your family to go over there to work?
The Commie government makes bank...but so do the companies. If they really cared they wouldn't do business in a country where the workers are slaves and the government has complete control. Although America isn't too far off on the government side of things.

Beendare

WKR
The Oligarch's in Russia are no different than the ones in America, UK, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and all over the world.

Oh man you're simplistic view is way off base....where to start on this. Many Oligarchs in Russia were HANDED state industries at the fall of the USSR....given to them.

You are saying an entrepreneur like Steve Jobs and a Russian oligarch are one in the same just because they have a lot of $$? Hogwash.

The common theme here with some;
1) Hate for folks that have made a lot of money.
They forget that its THE SYSTEM that gives EVERYONE the chance to overachieve. That overachievement is impossible in many countries/systems of government.

2) Blame someone else for mistakes.
So its the colleges fault- right. No one twisted your arm to go to Stanford or Notre Dame [not that any of the folks doing the complaining would even have a shot at getting in there anyway- you have to work and achieve top .01% for that]
A state college education is not all that expensive...and even free in some states....anybody that wants to can go to college in the US.

The whole "whoah is me" ...."where is my free stuff from the government, I deserve it"- and the jealousy for successful people attitude has never been stronger in our country....and its going to weaken us drastically.

To the OP- Nothing stays the same...if they do-Err look at Sears- they die. Cabelas had to grow, streamline or die- staying the same was not an option. They are competing directly with the likes of amazon and Walmart. Your anger is misdirected.

If Cabelas stayed the same they would be another Sears, Penny's going belly up anyway. I'm jumping the gun a little...but just wait for the announcement from Sears after Christmas.....

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I never thought of it from that angle LostArra, very good point on price setting the degrees.

If they price set the degrees, then people would be moaning about how little those liberal arts teachers are making compared to the engineering profs. The complaining will never end, and if we lived in a perfect society they'd still complain.

Halleywood

Lil-Rokslider
Oh boy. You've been watching too much media. They don't have enough space on their server for me to "fully" respond to that one.

OK Boomer. I am talking about today...not the cold war era. The USSR doesn't exist anymore so why waste time talking about it as it relates to today's issues.

I don't watch media...it's a waste of time.

Steve Jobs ran Apple with zero debt and shit tons of cash. The "guy" that runs it now has done nothing but add mountains of debt to pay dividends and do buybacks. But, but, but the money is so cheap.

It's funny your comment about "anyone can go to college"...of course they can...it's called DEBT

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
OK Boomer. I am talking about today...not the cold war era. The USSR doesn't exist anymore so why waste time talking about it as it relates to today's issues.

I don't watch media...it's a waste of time.

Steve Jobs ran Apple with zero debt and shit tons of cash. The "guy" that runs it now has done nothing but add mountains of debt to pay dividends and do buybacks. But, but, but the money is so cheap.

It's funny your comment about "anyone can go to college"...of course they can...it's called DEBT

Not sure who you're responding to in some of those statements.......not me. As for Apple (today), they're sitting on over $250 billion in cash. Not sure where you're getting your debt info from. A bunch of that money (along with many other company's money) came back as "repatriation" money when Trump's tax plan allowed them to bring it back to the U.S. and pay a fraction of the tax they would have had to pay on it. There's a reason why it was overseas to begin with......because of the ridiculous tax rates they would have to pay on it to start with. Many companies did stock buybacks with some of that money as well as dividends..........again, a return to shareholders. And just like private corporation owners, owners of public companies should be paid too.

Halleywood

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure who you're responding to in some of those statements.......not me.

You are correct...not all those comments were pointed to you. My apologies.
As for Apple...i looked at their 10-K filing from October. About $50 bill in cash and $107 bill in debt. Stockholders do have a right to get paid sure. But feeding the debt machine to do it. I don't agree with it even if EVERYONE does it.

Have a good one. I'm out.

tdhanses

WKR
You are correct...not all those comments were pointed to you. My apologies.
As for Apple...i looked at their 10-K filing from October. About $50 bill in cash and $107 bill in debt. Stockholders do have a right to get paid sure. But feeding the debt machine to do it. I don't agree with it even if EVERYONE does it.

Have a good one. I'm out.

You really need to study more, do you know why both Apple and Google have any debt? Just think on it, I get your on a no debt plan but debt can be good, if your smart about it. Really think hard as to why they have debt and how it is good. And don’t just reply no debt is good.

Also as a shareholder of both i’d be disappointed if they didn’t have debt.

Last edited: