I’m not much into politics, but man this burns my a**

kiddogy

WKR
Probably both, use my money and help foundations that are comprised of others peoples resources and grants. I don’t mind being called a liberal. Just seems silly if you help others you are a liberal.
you are simply not getting it!

one is not a liberal for helping others! conservatives help more of the worlds population then liberals ever have or will!

what makes one a liberal is when they start DEMANDING others to use their resources to help others .

one has every right to choose to give . one has zero right to expect others to. nor does anyone have the right to choose which organization , person or entity another must give to.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It was not geared towards party’s, was pointing out that in this day and age if you suggest sharing or helping a person out in need you are labeled a liberal. Tough environment for helping others.

Liberal and conservative are NOT parties, they are just two totally opposite thinkings. And the funny thing is liberals tend to be more on the side of not caring at all about humanity, they care more about making sure the government is responsible for that. And that is the biggest problem right there. Conservatives tend to give more in charitable contributions on an overall basis, but that is "individual" giving.......which is the way it should be. It shouldn't be mandated through government and paid for by our taxes. And it definitely shouldn't be mandated that the top 1% gives more because so many think it's the government's job to take care of everyone.

kiddogy

WKR
back in the early 2000’s the exception for charitable giving was not in place for a year and the amount of giving went down tremendously. If the gov doesn’t provide insentive most don’t give for example.
actually empires thrive, when the people give of their own will. once government charity is introduced the days are numbered for any empire.

Gumbo

WKR
I grew up in NE when Kearney was the HQ. I was so excited for our trips there that I couldn't sleep the night before going. When I first visited the Sidney store I was in awe, it was heaven. Now I live in MT and won't even set foot in Cabelas because they have gone downhill in quality and employee knowledge and are consistently more expensive in price. I have purposely not read in post in this thread because I know how it will go...

I will say that it is sad what is happening in this country regarding wealth and greed, and the folks in Washington are slaves to it. We need to find a way out of this hole and it starts with the wealthy sacrificing their a portion of own bottom line to make America great again (sorry, couldn't resist). And it is truly a statement when Fox News lambastes republican lawmakers for "capitalist" behavior. I'm far from a liberal, but am also far from a conservative. We need the middle, both politically and economically, to regain control of this country and make ethically sound decisions that will pull this country out of the quagmire we are in. In other words we need people with a sense of right and wrong to stand up, people who are willing to put the good of society ahead of at least some personal gain, and people who are capable of listening to dissenting views with an open mind rather than shutting their ears and screaming bully.

God save America...please.

kiddogy

WKR
Liberal and conservative are NOT parties, they are just two totally opposite thinkings. And the funny thing is liberals tend to be more on the side of not caring at all about humanity, they care more about making sure the government is responsible for that. And that is the biggest problem right there. Conservatives tend to give more in charitable contributions on an overall basis, but that is "individual" giving.......which is the way it should be. It shouldn't be mandated through government and paid for by our taxes. And it definitely shouldn't be mandated that the top 1% gives more because so many think it's the government's job to take care of everyone.
yep! exactly right !

this is the concept those deceived simply can not comprehend!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Just seems silly if you help others you are a liberal.

As I stated, that's not what makes a liberal. Every conservative I know helps and gives already on their own, but it always seems that liberals demand that the government should do it with everyone else's money. Helping and giving should be a choice, not a mandate. That's why the government shouldn't be involved with it at all.

I'm sure with the new doubling of the standard deduction, many people have stopped giving or reduced their giving because of that. That doubling was designed to help those lower income folks that weren't itemizing in the first place. But even with the doubling, we still itemize because our financial giving hasn't dropped at all, in fact it went up this year. And that's just financial giving. Many are OK with giving a little money, but then won't give their TIME. In many cases giving your time is more important than the money. And the reason I'm able to give monetarily like I do........is because "I'm a shareholder".(y)

Last edited:

tdhanses

WKR
back in the early 2000’s the exception for charitable giving was not in place for a year and the amount of giving went down tremendously. If the gov doesn’t provide insentive most don’t give for example.

I and many others I know don’t give for a tax deduction only. Also you measure that in giving to foundations. There are many ways to give and it doesn’t have to be only on a national level or for a deduction.

Many people help their local communities first and that is how it should be.

I’ll give to United way etc, but very little of my % goes there. I give more to help local families and I don’t know a single conservative that doesn’t give but I know very few liberals that do. Not saying they don’t but just is my experience.

brsnow

WKR
you are simply not getting it!

one is not a liberal for helping others! conservatives help more of the worlds population then liberals ever have or will!

what makes one a liberal is when they start DEMANDING others to use their resources to help others .

one has every right to choose to give . one has zero right to expect others to. nor does anyone have the right to choose which organization , person or entity another must give to
I and many others I know don’t give for a tax deduction only. Also you measure that in giving to foundations. There are many ways to give and it doesn’t have to be only on a national level or for a deduction.

Many people help their local communities first and that is how it should be. If you don’t know how that happens then you don’t give.

I’ll give to United way etc, but very little of my % goes there. I give more to help local families and I don’t know a single conservative that doesn’t give but I know very few liberals that do. Not saying they don’t but just is my experience.

Do you actually believe what you posted?

kiddogy

WKR
I grew up in NE when Kearney was the HQ. I was so excited for our trips there that I couldn't sleep the night before going. When I first visited the Sidney store I was in awe, it was heaven. Now I live in MT and won't even set foot in Cabelas because they have gone downhill in quality and employee knowledge and are consistently more expensive in price. I have purposely not read in post in this thread because I know how it will go...

I will say that it is sad what is happening in this country regarding wealth and greed, and the folks in Washington are slaves to it. We need to find a way out of this hole and it starts with the wealthy sacrificing their a portion of own bottom line to make America great again (sorry, couldn't resist). And it is truly a statement when Fox News lambastes republican lawmakers for "capitalist" behavior. I'm far from a liberal, but am also far from a conservative. We need the middle, both politically and economically, to regain control of this country and make ethically sound decisions that will pull this country out of the quagmire we are in. In other words we need people with a sense of right and wrong to stand up, people who are willing to put the good of society ahead of at least some personal gain, and people who are capable of listening to dissenting views with an open mind rather than shutting their ears and screaming bully.

I love listening to dissenting views . I simply can not stoop to compromise with what I know in my heart is wrong!
that is what you are really suggesting. compromise ,if you can, but when everything in your being tells you something is wrong , plant yourself like an oak and do not budge!

there simply is no middle ground to be found on some issues .

tdhanses

WKR

You do realize everything you just said is bad is what made Cabela’s in the first place. Yes take from others to give to others to waste because what do we do when things are just handed out, we care less about them vs earning it.

tdhanses

WKR

It is the reality that you are blind to, giving is not a liberal Ideal, part of the issue is how so many have been brainwashed that liberal ideologies are good and help people. Again tell me one liberal city that is healthy?

Gumbo

WKR
I love listening to dissenting views . I simply can not stoop to compromise with what I know in my heart is wrong!
that is what you are really suggesting. compromise ,if you can, but when everything in your being tells you something is wrong , plant yourself like an oak and do not budge!

there simply is no middle ground to be found on some issues .

Not at all what I am suggesting. I believe in listening to dissenting views, trying to understand them from the other's perspective, and then evaluating those ideas in the context of your own views. If you still believe you are right at the end that is fine. Fearing or being closed to dissenting views is precisely the problem.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"

Of course, I believe in facts. We posted all that because that's the way it is, and has been for some time. Think government subsidized welfare, medicaid, SS, medicare, Obamacare, healthcare in general, etc, etc.

kiddogy

WKR
Not at all what I am suggesting. I believe in listening to dissenting views, trying to understand them from the other's perspective, and then evaluating those ideas in the context of your own views. If you still believe you are right at the end that is fine. Fearing or being closed to dissenting views is precisely the problem.
I don't really agree . one side demanding the other to compromise on all issues while being un willing to compromise on any is the problem.

I understand perfectly opposing sides views . been listening to their poppycock for 50 years.

tdhanses

WKR
I don't really agree . one side demanding the other to compromise on all issues while being un willing to compromise on any is the problem.

I understand perfectly opposing sides views . been listening to their poppycock for 50 years.

I think that’s what he is saying, unfortunately we don’t have that with the left today and far right.

But the left is far more close minded and demanding then the far right. It really is sad they are so blind to the hate within them that they can’t work together.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
And if liberals really cared about humanity........they wouldn't be pushing some so-called "women's rights" at the expense of humanity. Killing an unborn baby (because a woman wants to) is the definition of inhumanity. I'm sure not all liberals support inhumanity, but even association with folks that have that thinking is a major tarnish on anyone's reputation. And "kill the innocent babies, but save the guilty death row convicts" doesn't help anyone's case for logical thinking either.