I'm torn on Colorado prop 114.

brsnow

WKR
this! on top of the illegal immigration.

also, we could stop being so sensitive and let live just be. But no, we have to cure everything there is to hurt us and hide from viruses.

we love to "manage" everything except ourselves.

the only negative to capitalism is it requires constant growth. Today we are dying at half the rate of being born.
Yes, without mass immigration we will fall behind. Millions do not out produce billions. Our low population will be our biggest enemy.

There is no CPW approved wolf plan developed under the new legislation;. The Oversight Board will start to develop that plan on Nov 19.
i never said CPW approved a plan. I said the special interest groups have a plan, that includes what i said and it also has hunters and anglers paying for a majority of it. If you think CPW even has much of a say in this your as ignorant as the people that voted for it.

it was a provision listed on the proposition when they got wildlife decisions put on the ballot. You can pull up the original proposition and see it there. They did it the same way they added having hunters and anglers pay the ranchers reimbursements in this years proposition.

wapitibob

WKR
i never said CPW approved a plan. I said the special interest groups have a plan, that includes what i said and it also has hunters and anglers paying for a majority of it. If you think CPW even has much of a say in this your as ignorant as the people that voted for it.
Ignorant is the sportsmen of Colorado and the CPW sitting on their thumbs for the last decade instead of getting ahead of the issue. Have fun with it now. We've got 150 of them because nobody did anything.

Last edited:
Your right but one thing is CPW's hands are tied they cannot comment or stop a wildlife issue from getting on the ballot. Our state is also jacked in that anything can get on a ballot with enough signatures. Look at the map on how this got approved not much us rural folks on the western slope can do when denver, boulder, and the likes out vote the whole rest of the state. The front range has also become a utopia for anti hunting liberals who have migrated in from California.

wapitibob

WKR
I don't know of any western state game dept that can legally lobby for/against any measure on a ballot. They can provide data, fiscal impacts, etc but can't lobby for or against.
Oregon is also an initiative petition state. If you're on the winning side of an issue they're great, on the other side, not so much. They're the perfect "means to an end" for special interest groups. As with CO, our state is controlled by the majority, but they inhabit a small portion of the state, the I5 corridor. We can't hunt bears or cougars with dogs, and no bait for bears because of an initiative petition. When you combine that measure and our wolf management plan, which has no "cap" on the number of wolves, our herds are headed to the shitter and there's no way to reverse it.

mfsights257

Lil-Rokslider
The Wolves are just another way to reduce hunter numbers, in CO; lower Deer & Elk populations, less tags, less hunters. The state seems more worried about increasing drug use than anything else.

Last edited:
I read that over half of Oregon wants to join Idaho and form 1 state because the liberal marority Wapitbob mentioned has screwed up his state as well. Look no further than Portland. I wish that would happen, I would join as well. Colorado has one foot in the grave and one on the bannana peel in all aspects

sasquatch

WKR
I don't know of any western state game dept that can legally lobby for/against any measure on a ballot. They can provide data, fiscal impacts, etc but can't lobby for or against.
Oregon is also an initiative petition state. If you're on the winning side of an issue they're great, on the other side, not so much. They're the perfect "means to an end" for special interest groups. As with CO, our state is controlled by the majority, but they inhabit a small portion of the state, the I5 corridor. We can't hunt bears or cougars with dogs, and no bait for bears because of an initiative petition. When you combine that measure and our wolf management plan, which has no "cap" on the number of wolves, our herds are headed to the shitter and there's no way to reverse it.

We desperately need a county by county delegate system for the states!! It’s the only way to hope we could balance the power of infested cities

It’s not fair that the majority of the ka mass area can be for one thing but one small city area over rules the entire state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

street

WKR
We desperately need a county by county delegate system for the states!! It’s the only way to hope we could balance the power of infested cities

It’s not fair that the majority of the ka mass area can be for one thing but one small city area over rules the entire state

Which is funny because there was another prop about presidential majority vote haha. Children that never studied civics.

sasquatch

WKR
Which is funny because there was another prop about presidential majority vote haha. Children that never studied civics.

Yea that’d be horrendous lol. I had to explain to someone the other day why it’s important

I used florida and wy as an example. Wy is about 1/2 of a % population as Florida yet carries 10% of the delegates Florida does.

That one got me.. Your vote doesn’t matter anymore so let’s give it to the candidate who wins the vote in NY an CA.. now there is no reason for a presidential candidate to come here..

Kind of gotta admire the move on their end... Get what you want with no skin in the game...

Yea that’d be horrendous lol. I had to explain to someone the other day why it’s important

I used florida and wy as an example. Wy is about 1/2 of a % population as Florida yet carries 10% of the delegates Florida does.

Yeah but Orange Man bad and republicans are fascists duh...

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm going to open this can of worms. I'm very torn about voting yes or no on Colorado's prop 114 which would direct CPW to develop and implement a plan to reintroduce the gray wolf to Colorado by 2023. Here's why:

On the one hand, I like wildlife. All of the creatures great and small. The more types of animals, in more places, in greater numbers, the better is where I stand a personal level. If we could all live in giant, condensed, futuristic cities with vertical farms built in glass and steel to heights as tall as the empire state building and let all the agricultural and suburban land return to wilderness that would be a sci-fi dream. Hunt the millions of bison and elk and whatever else you have a tag for in that futuristic world would be so cool. That's my personal, emotional, stance. More animals in Colorado, even the wolf is a tiny step towards that vision of a 200 year future. BUT.

On the other, America is pretty divided right now. I don't get a sense that much of the Front Range voter base knows or cares about the nuances of conservation, ag production, or who and how conservation is funded in our state. I also think that a vote yes would be a vote to place the true burden of life with wolves on the livelihoods of people living on the western slope, and that's not fair. I don't live in that part of Colorado. The consequences wouldn't really impact me beyond me having to switch up some elk hunting tactics in the fall and that's a far cry from what others would have to deal with so a YES vote feels wrong. Additionally, with most of CPW being funded by hunters, prop 114 seems like it would effectively be asking hunters to pay for this reintroduction. If a californi-fied Front Range had a greater understanding and gratitude for what we do for conservation I would feel a lot better about footing the bill, as someone who has put thousands and thousands of dollars in over the years. However, I don't get the sense that there is that appreciation or understanding yet. And to be humble, it's my fault. I haven't really been reaching out and telling our story to the urban crowd...

And so I'm torn.

Any other Colorado Roksliders feeling conflicted? How are you navigating your decision making process on this?
You can have your big glass futuristic city BS. Californians are ruining every corner of the West. Idiots don't realize what they're opening. I look forward to the day when their rescue dogs running unleashed on the trails get destroyed in front of them. Freaking morons.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
It could be, but I see it as a trade. People need to get more psyched about living in cities or in a few hundred years we'll all be living in some sort of suburbia. Hell I already do. So if I change my mind and move to the western slope, which I'd love to, and build a nice place on a plot of land how will that change things? Imagine that process going on over and over and over for hundreds of years. That sounds awful to me.
You can get psyched all you want. I can't wait to get back to my house in the middle of nowhere while the cities fall apart at the seams. One day the farmers will cut off the food supply and anarchy will destroy these"glass houses".

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk