I'm torn on Colorado prop 114.

CorbLand

WKR
Colorado is turning into Calirado faster then most people thought would happen. It really is unfortunate. Hopefully everyone in your state listens to F&G. I doubt it though. I wouldn’t be surprised at all of the passes.
They wont. Its not about science, its about science that agrees with their predetermined stance.

Last edited:

ericF

WKR
No hesitation on my part voting against it. This initiative was started with California money and Colorado doesn't need to become any more like California.

Easy to see. Vote not. The Parks and Wildlife are against it. There’s a reason they are against it. Too bad the public gets decide on wildlife in Colorado. I’d rather them bring grizzly back into Colorado than wolves.

MattB

WKR
If the way ballot initiatives work in CO is anything like how they work in CA, vote no out of principal. Most are terribly written and often much more difficult to amend or modify than if written by the legislature - even if you are in agreement with the underlying premise.

OP
A
Realized I made a typo in the OP that made my thoughts read VERY differently from what I intended. Not trying to troll you guys. AT. ALL. Sorry about that.

OP
A
I’m not torn. Any hunter that wants wolves and lives in Colorado needs his head examined. If you think this is a good thing then I’ll just keep my thoughts about your ability to critical think to myself. Flame away...

oh and if you think you’ll ever have a chance to hunt wolves prior to them decimating the herds you’re delusional. But then again you think you want wolves so you probably already are...
Hey man, looked back at my OP and realized I had some key words missing that might have made me come off like a dick. Not trying to flame anyone. Just trying to start a good discussion to inform my thinking and learn about other people's points-of-view.

PA Hunter

WKR
They are killing machines that don’t just kill food they kill for fun and torture animals for fun. The only people who like them are tree hugging leftist that hate our country. The only good wolf is a dead wolf.

260madman

WKR
I just texted my uncle and told him to vote NO. He would anyway but just a reminder.

Like my fellow WI members I don’t like wolves and I live in the middle of them. Open up the hunting and control them. Northern WI deer numbers aren’t great at all. Between Wolves and Bears the numbers aren’t there. In my area there’s been an explosion in Bobcat sightings the last couple of years but yet it’s another point system to get a tag.

Titan_Bow

WKR
There is no way this is NOT passing and it really is sad. I have talked to so many of my suburbia yuppy neighbors and every one of them to a T makes a reference to that stupid YouTube vid that was going around a couple years ago about how the wolves saved Yellowstone. I am talking about college educated successful professionals, they all quote that vid as if it’s gospel.
We’ve failed at messaging and PR on this issue. You are not going to convince yuppy suburbanites that wolves are evil or that they kill for fun, or that they are the boogey man in disguise. I think it’s too late unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
There is no way this is NOT passing and it really is sad. I have talked to so many of my suburbia yuppy neighbors and every one of them to a T makes a reference to that stupid YouTube vid that was going around a couple years ago about how the wolves saved Yellowstone. I am talking about college educated successful professionals, they all quote that vid as if it’s gospel.
We’ve failed at messaging and PR on this issue. You are not going to convince yuppy suburbanites that wolves are evil or that they kill for fun, or that they are the boogey man in disguise. I think it’s too late unfortunately.

Yep, but then we have “hunters” thinking it’s a good idea too. Wonder why we don’t have a spring bear season? Same reason.

LAKE

FNG
It is not only a vote on the reintroduction of wolves but also a vote on Colorado's economy. Every year almost $2 billion is spent in Colorado by people hunting and fishing. The reintroduction of wolves without proper game management would lead to a decrease in wild game. A decrease in the total numbers of game would result in the elimination of tags and overall hunters in the state. To help compensate for this decrease, people looking to hunt in Colorado would be a higher price for tags. Also, those jobs that depend on the influx of hunters in the state would be cut due to a decrease in the total number of hunter. I would suggest voting no on prop 114.

Poser

WKR
9ae29c451cce1dbba7911951aa983710.jpg

Ucsdryder

WKR
It is not only a vote on the reintroduction of wolves but also a vote on Colorado's economy. Every year almost $2 billion is spent in Colorado by people hunting and fishing. The reintroduction of wolves without proper game management would lead to a decrease in wild game. A decrease in the total numbers of game would result in the elimination of tags and overall hunters in the state. To help compensate for this decrease, people looking to hunt in Colorado would be a higher price for tags. Also, those jobs that depend on the influx of hunters in the state would be cut due to a decrease in the total number of hunter. I would suggest voting no on prop 114.
Don’t forget about ranchers losses, problem wolves, and the inevitable hiring of people to kill them like they do with bears.

I'm not a CO resident. However, there is one way I would vote yes on it. If the endangered species act was repealed and something resembling functional replaced it. In that new bill would be a provision which states that any reintroduced population of any species is subject to state level management regardless the species federal status.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

OP
A
He’s not too far off. Unless you’re a tree hugging, leaf licker That has had no business getting out of your crappy Subaru wagon, you shouldn’t even consider voting for 114.
Hahahaha. I must admit that was a snappy little zinger, and was actually pretty funny. Respect. If it make you feel any better. I don't lick leaves, hug trees, or drive a Subaru. I also happen to think it should be legal to hunt bears over bait, cougars with hounds, trap, hunt wolves, and the like as long as its regulated and people follow the rules. You seem pretty passionate. Are you a livestock producer or outfitter by chance? Those folks have the most skin in the outcome of all this.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Hahahaha. I must admit that was a snappy little zinger, and was actually pretty funny. Respect. If it make you feel any better. I don't lick leaves, hug trees, or drive a Subaru. I also happen to think it should be legal to hunt bears over bait, cougars with hounds, trap, hunt wolves, and the like as long as its regulated and people follow the rules. You seem pretty passionate. Are you a livestock producer or outfitter by chance? Those folks have the most skin in the outcome of all this.
Nope, just a die hard hunter that knows just how good we have it right now. I have 3 small kids that will never get to experience 280,000 elk in Colorado when they get go hunting age because we allow Ballot Biology.