Impeller vs Agitator For Washing Packs?

Finally ordering a washer and dryer for the new house.

The washer has to be top load based on room dimensions. Which leaves me with choosing between one with an impeller, or agitator.

Obviously my bloody Kifaru will be taking baths in fairly often. Which one will be safer for it? I think the impeller is the better option because there isn't a post for the straps to wrap on. I'm unsure though as I have never owned an impeller one only the middle post agitators.

If neither are a good option I'll stick with bathtub washes, but it'd be nice to be able to use the machine for it.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Finally ordering a washer and dryer for the new house.

The washer has to be top load based on room dimensions. Which leaves me with choosing between one with an impeller, or agitator.

Obviously my bloody Kifaru will be taking baths in fairly often. Which one will be safer for it? I think the impeller is the better option because there isn't a post for the straps to wrap on. I'm unsure though as I have never owned an impeller one only the middle post agitators.

If neither are a good option I'll stick with bathtub washes, but it'd be nice to be able to use the machine for it.
Im not sure but I know that If I wanted an answer to that question I'd ask in the backpack section of a hunting forum too.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If it's one of the new so-called "high efficiency" washing machines, it won't matter which one you get........they'll both suck. We got a new washer with the impeller.......it was worthless in cleaning clothes. So I took it back and hooked up our old non high efficiency one........huge difference. But my wife couldn't take the squealing anymore so she bought another new one, this time with the agitator. It's worthless as well. I'm constantly telling her that we need to get a raccoon or something to throw in with the clothes to act as a real agitator. We're tired of clothes coming out still covered with caked detergent or white streaks and blotches from the baking soda. I'd put these new machines right up there with low flow shower heads........useless. We still have the old washer.......I'm going to have to just try and fix it if we want a real washing machine.

OP
Stubborn_bowhunter
Im not sure but I know that If I wanted an answer to that question I'd ask in the backpack section of a hunting forum too.
Lol well I've read on hunting forums that front load is the play for bloody packs. But I can't do that. So I'm just curious what other guys use. The damn pack is worth more than the washing machine.

OP
Stubborn_bowhunter
If it's one of the new so-called "high efficiency" washing machines, it won't matter which one you get........they'll both suck. We got a new washer with the impeller.......it was worthless in cleaning clothes. So I took it back and hooked up our old non high efficiency one........huge difference. But my wife couldn't take the squealing anymore so she bought another new one, this time with the agitator. It's worthless as well. I'm constantly telling her that we need to get a raccoon or something to throw in with the clothes to act as a real agitator. We're tired of clothes coming out still covered with caked detergent or white streaks and blotches from the baking soda. I'd put these new machines right up there with low flow shower heads........useless. We still have the old washer.......I'm going to have to just try and fix it if we want a real washing machine.
Damn. I was reading that they mostly suck ass now no matter what I choose too. I don't even have one right now, so it'll be nice to have kind of clean stuff again ahaha.

I could see the pack breaking the damn machine before it hurts the pack.

Marble

WKR
Mines a front loader so I can't really help the OP out. It's the biggest one Samsung made in 2015.

I've waited all my packs in it. Sleeping bags, comforters, bloody canvas elk bags. It's amazing.

I have solar so I could give a shit about the electricity costs.

For washing my packs I've also just soaked, scrubbed and rinsed.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

slvrslngr

WKR
If I had to wash it, I wouldn't put my pack in a washing machine. I'd soak it in warm soapy water, in a utility sink or tote, then rinse off with a hose or maybe in the shower. Stubborn stains you could hit with a soft brush.

TheGDog

WKR
Why wouldn't you wash it outside with a hose and a scrub brush and some Dawn Platinum with maybe little Boraxo sprinkled in as well? No way in HELL I'd trust washing a pack inside a washing machine!

rclouse79

WKR
I have always felt like a bathtub soak with a little gentle detergent has always got the job done. Worst case scenario is a couple drain and refills. I would be hesitant to put such an expensive piece of gear in any washing machine.

We have the Maytag XL top loads, think they are called the Bravos.
They seem to get poor reviews compared to when I bought them. Had them 4 years now. Seem to clean fine we just use regular liquid detergent.
Washed many a pack. Bag and lid only in it.
All kinds filthy cover all etc.
Game bags.