Improving the Nomad 1

Timnterra

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a nomad 1 of my fellow member recently. There are some things that I think could be improved upon. Before I start cutting I’d like to get opinions of you that have one or something similar what you would change.

Add slots to the sides so that the straps can run under the wings. Add tab loops to the wings so that you can use a SR Buckles to close the wings and leave the horizontal straps in the pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
Timnterra

Timnterra

Lil-Rokslider
Good ideas! I think that the Nomad 2 looks better because of how the wings attach to the back panel with webbing instead of being part of the same sheet of fabric. I was thinking about cutting the wings off and sewing them back with webbing tabs, but just making slots like big button holes seems like a good solution! I also like the idea of having the wings connect without the need for the compression straps. Both good ideas!

crmiller84

Lil-Rokslider
Not a Nomad, but I had the wings cut off my EMR2 and had webbing loops added to them along with G-hooks. Now they attach to the pack/frame with G-hooks and can either be connected in the middle w/ SR buckles or have the straps run around the outside like the original setup.

Honestly, I love that pack now and don't even lust after the new Kifaru bags. Except that Stryker, lol.

• Banned
OP
Timnterra

Timnterra

Lil-Rokslider
Not a Nomad, but I had the wings cut off my EMR2 and had webbing loops added to them along with G-hooks. Now they attach to the pack/frame with G-hooks and can either be connected in the middle w/ SR buckles or have the straps run around the outside like the original setup.

Honestly, I love that pack now and don't even lust after the new Kifaru bags. Except that Stryker, lol.
Sounds like a good improvement, that’s kinda like what i was thinking of doing. Would you mind sharing some pictures?