In All Seriousness

Kerrbow

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks fellas to all who chimed in on my facetious thread "Money Tree". Allow an old bowhunter to share with you young guys(an older) about how important it is to just enjoy this thing we call HUNTING. The recent passing of Dwight Schuh and Big Dan Moore was like being hit in the face with ice water for me. I am the same age as Dan and a little younger than Dwight was at their passing. Who knows how longer I can keep climbing those hills. They relished the "chase" above everything else and I do too. A successful hunt was defined as just being in the outdoors whether harvesting an animal or not. Keep practicing, researching, equipping yourself for the hunts that lie before you and most importantly share all of this great sport with the younger generation. Have a blessed journey my brothers and sisters.

Well said. You never know what life throws at you. Im sure we all take things for granted more than we should. Hunting is a tremendous honor and privilege. Life is fragile too. Thanks for sharing your post.

Well said. I just retired 3 weeks ago and plan on cherishing every day I get to spend in the mountains. You just never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stay busy! I've seen too many men retire then get lazy because they dont have something to drive them day to day. My grandfather was a perfect example. Lots of years wasted.

mike.adams.467

Lil-Rokslider
Stay busy! I've seen too many men retire then get lazy because they dont have something to drive them day to day. My grandfather was a perfect example. Lots of years wasted.

So far it’s been nonstop! I’m ready for hunting season so I can get a little rest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JordanH

Lil-Rokslider
I'd like nothing better than to meet my maker in camp asleep dreaming of the next hunt. I think Dan went that way.....godspeed. You can't take it with you and ain't none of us getting out of this alive.....so make the most of it and love your family every chance you have.......when you aren't hunting that is.

87TT

WKR
I don't plan on stopping either. I started shooting trap again a few years ago with some guys and was the kid at 63. A few were in their eighties and a couple in their seventies. My Dad is almost 88 and still works on his old cars.

OP
Kerrbow

Kerrbow

Lil-Rokslider
Our families sacrifice a lot, especially the young ones with small and school age kids at home. Taking care of everything while we get to pursue our passion for hunting. Be sure and tell them how much you appreciate that several times before you leave for the mountains or wherever. My wife doesn't hunt but she never complains when I tell her I am going. I think she is destined for sainthood.

Enjoy every minute!

If you’re going to keep posting, though... you should probably upgrade your smart phone...